Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been finding it hard to decide what list I'm going to run against my pals ork army ! I've posted a few list before and I can't help not being happy with them !
His orks are basic horde army as you can imagen I was used to playing him with my space wolves but now I've started up a blood angel force I'm struggling to find the right balance in the list.
My first one being

1000pt Blood Angels

HQ (125pts)

Librarian (125pts)
Might of Heroes, The Sanguine Sword
Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack

Elites (175pts)

Chaplain (100pts)
Bolt Pistol

Sanguinary Priest (75pts
Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Jump Pack

Troops (555pts)

Assault Squad (225pts)
10 man squad, 2x flamers, 2x Hand Flamer, Melta Bombs

Death Company (155pts)
5 man squad
Bolt Pistols and Chainswords,
Razorback, Twin Linked Heavy Bolter

Tactical Squad (175pts)
10 man squad, Heavy Bolter, Melta gun, standard Sergeant bolt pistol and chain sword

Fast Attack (145pts)

Baal Predator (145pts)
Heavy Bolters, Twin Linked Assault Cannon

With the thought of the chap rolling with the d.c getting straight into his nobs and the tac squad to basic camp on the close obj and trying to support who ever with the heavy bolter. The bal pred to Move as fast as it can and start spraying into a massive squad of boys trying to move and shoot and not get boged down even though I know the pred will proberly be his lootas main effort !
Then the Libby priest and ras move swift as possible to try to kill his warboss with the libby chalanging using SoS hitting at str10 and the boss 2nd because of the powerclaw and after that if there still alive assault and then steel what ever obj is on the far side o the board I figure fnp will keep them alive and might of heroes will deffo help with the extra attacks its gonna be at last least 30 ish attacks on the charge

Hopefully this plan will work ill dunno ?

Or my other option is

1000pt Blood Angels

HQ (125pts)

Librarian (125pts)
Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack

Elites (90pts)

Sanguinary Priest (90pts)
Jump Pack, Power Weapon

Troops (585pts)

Assault Squad (220pts)
10 man squad, 2xFlamer,2x Hand Flamer

Death Company (175pts)
5 man squad, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Jump Pack

Tactical Squad (190pts)
10 man squad, Heavy Bolter, Meltagun, Power Weapon

Heavy Support (200pts)

Stormraven Gunship (200pts)
Twin Linked Lascannon, Twin Linked Multi Melta

Basic plan is to use the tac squad the same back field camping on obj and try and support. ras Libby and priest pretty much same but using the storm raven hopefully coming in second turn with d.c on board. zoom across the board and just abit of over kill use Multi melta to waste his trucks lol and assualt cannon pepper the boy squads however using sky's of blood to drop the D.C hope fully just over charging distance (they only scatter 1D6) to the nob crew or the big threat and then run because of them not being able to charge and then next turn assault and with hammer of rath and thier normal attacks I'm looking for 5 at I10 then 25 at str5 hopefully should do the trick

So anyway after all that ramberling on any advice or different squad choices or anything for that matter ! I'd appreciate the feed back being new to blood angels
Thanks guys

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Going with the second list:

HQ (125pts)

Librarian (125pts)
Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack Solid choice, but watch out for challenges involving AP3 weapons.

Elites (90pts)

Sanguinary Priest (90pts)
Jump Pack, Power Weapon Yes.

Troops (585pts)

Assault Squad (220pts)
10 man squad, 2xFlamer,2x Hand Flamer ...and again. With the Priest and Libby, of course.

Death Company (175pts)
5 man squad, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Jump Pack This is where I start to lose you in the points department. DC JPs are horrendously overpriced, and as much as I'd shudder to see them blown out of the sky: against Orks is that a problem for you? Dropping the JPs alone gives you back 75 points and putting them in the SR still means they'll assault hard if the bird doesn't get shot down.

Tactical Squad (190pts)
10 man squad, Heavy Bolter, Meltagun, Power Weapon Against a horde army, I'd take the Flamer over the Melta. One high powered shot vs. a template and D3 overwatch hits. Also, since most orks have a 5+ armour save what point does the power weapon serve? If you're facing Mega Nobz I guess an Axe could be in order...but points better saved. Specially in a squad whose use is better spent shooting.

Heavy Support (200pts)

Stormraven Gunship (200pts)
Twin Linked Lascannon, Twin Linked Multi Melta Like the MG in the Tactical squad, against Orks do you need the one high powered shot? Consider the TLAC for a higher shot output. It shreds greenskins.
If you make the changes I suggested there you would have an additional 95 points. With this I would suggest taking a Reclusiarch over the Libby so that your DC has an accompaniment that seriously buffs the squad. That change takes up 5 points, and the flamer RAS w/Priest is pretty tough on its own. With the other 90 points you could drop HB sponsons on the SR and add 3 DC marines. It's still slim, but it has a much higher damage output against low armoured opponents than what you have there.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does that look better ? I think so thanks for the advice

HQ (130pts)

Reclusiarch (130pts)
Power Armour
Bolt Pistol

Elites (90pts)

Sanguinary Priests (90pts)
Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack, Power Weapon

Troops (550pts)

Assault Squad (220pts)
10 man squad, 2x Flamer ), 2x Hand Flamer

Death Company (160pts)
8 man squad, Bolt Pistols and chain swords

Tactical Squad (170pts)
10 man squad, Flamer, Heavy Bolter,
Standard Sergeant, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword

Heavy Support (230pts)

Stormraven Gunship (230pts)
Hurricane Bolter Sponsons, Twin Linked Assault Cannon, Twin Linked Multi Melta

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've plenty of different options since I'm a big fan of painting there's a stream of minis always. Coming in I've basically got

Chaplin
Libby
Captin
2sang priest
2 ras 10 man squads
3 tac 10man squads with rhinos
1 D.C 10 man squads (mag jump packs)
1 dev all missile
Stormraven
2 bal preds
1 D.C dred talons
1 furioso dred

And 2 drop pods on the way

I'm happy play testing different lists its just I had such a good run with my wolves and there's no blood angel players in my melta just kinda wanted to advice first !
I play my first game with BA next Saturday.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Guys
I just went up against the Orks in a 1250 point game, i know this is only 1000 points
But I used the following and won.

Reclusiarch with Death Company in a Land raider
Fragioso Dread
DC Dread
Whirlwind
10 man assault squad with PF
And a dev squad

The whirlwind and Fragioso where horrible and my dev squad died in turn 2

But the units that won the game was the DC Dread and the Death Company + Reslusiarch, almost single handed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts