Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Not to be mean but St. Celestine is insta killed by Grey Knights in HtH.. she just gets to come back to be killed over and over again. But hey everyone has their favorites.. I dont blame ya.. it is pretty cool that she can come back over and over again.

Umm... for a favorite... I would have to say Ahrimman. His model is just to cool to over look.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't know if he is the toughest, but Abbadon is a pretty nasty fighter in his own right. Though it is hard to get him into combat without a Landraider.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Mephiston! Lord of the skullfucking Death, man.

He can use all of his powers in one turn *and* use his force weapon power...and look at his stats... WS 6, S5, I6, 2+ save, Feel No Pain, an extra d3 attacks from one of his powers, the transfixing glare, Jump-Pack movement
(the codex is free to download so I'm assuming I won't get in trouble for posting them)

You'll be hard pressed to find something that can take him on toe to toe. Sure, no invul save means he's weak against power weapons, but he strikes before just about anyone short of high end Eldar characters, and it takes a S10 weapon to instakill him.

Plus he can FNP against perils of the warp, and should he manage to overheat his plasgun and fail his armor save he can ignore that too if he makes the roll.

He's insanely hard to kill, but packs enough attacks to cut down a whole squad on his own, and only needs to get one unsaved wound against an IC to kill him (if he makes his force weapon check)

Dude is major nasty. I'd even put him on even footing against Abby. To Meph, that big scary topknot is just a handle ;-)

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
But he's also insanely costly, only adding to the "Badass, but good luck fielding more than 20 guys" rep the Blood Angels have gotten since the new codex

In the meantime, here's a fun thought...

Put him near Corbulo so he gets Furious Charge... 7-9 attacks at S6 I7....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd say Abbadon. He hits like a truck, is extremely survivable, but is slow as sin and costs a ton. I think he'd eat Mephiston pretty handily. Does a FW instakill Abbadon, or does his immunity counter it? There's a difference between kills outright and instakill right?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well I remember someone did an arena of death (best of 10 in fact) between Mephiston and various other characters. In short the beast managed at least 50/50 against Abbadon and the Nightbringer plus a lot better against others.

Mephiston is unfortunately the most evil and powerful character in my book. Largely due to his ability to move around quicker than most other special characters.

·
Registered
800 Posts
mephiston and abbadon are great like

but my favourite is typhus, he is good to and he looks top.
i also like siccarus he looks good but im not sure if he is (dnt no stats)

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
I agree that Mephiston is probably one of the best characters as far as damage output goes, but my favourite character is Chaplain Lemartes of the Blood Angels. Point for point, he's probably one of the best characters out there.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Force Weapon is not Instant Death, so yes Mephiston can kill Abby outright in one hit.

We ran a bunch of run-ins on Bolter and Chainsword and they were very evenly matched. The main determining factor was whether Abby rolled a 1 and got fucked by his sword, or if Mephy failed his force weapon check, otherwise it most often ended in mutual death.

Lemartes is indeed a great value. Hels also known as "Everyone;s Jump Pack Chaplain."
for 5 more points you get extra LD, extra wound and a -1 LD debuff for any enemy within 6" of him. There's no reason not to take lemartes every time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
In 40k, DEFINITELY a tie between Commander Farsight and that Calgar guy in the Space Marines.
Then again, I only know the ones in the Codexes Tau Empire and Space Marines.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would have to say abby... I have gone up against mephiston plenty of times and to me he isn't "that" scary. At least compared to when someone puts down the avatar or when I put down Abaddon. I have teamed with the blood angels when they used Mephiston and I used Abaddon. Lets just say Mephiston got left alone.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i'd say defo kharn from the last chaos codex cause he could get fleet and pretty much move 12 inches if you where lucky 5 attacks and a 2+ to save.

abby is pretty scary too aint versued him but seen him take out 10 termies with 3 wounds to space

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nightbringer should also be mentioned. He's bloody horrendous if he gets into combat and one on one will kill anyone.

Mephiston can kill the Nightbringer with a bit of luck but Abaddon needs a bit more luck in my opinion. (Force weapon trumps everything else in terms of killy.)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts