Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys to kick things off why not let us know if you qualified, what u used and what your thinking of taking to the final.

I qualified at heat 3 with spacewolves drop pod list, i'm unsure what i'll take to the final though. The wolves list was difficult to play, and everygame i was thinking this isn't going to go well. Dropping down next to tau with enough ap 3/2 to take down the ultramarines chapter is quite scary

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
I managed to scrape through - some shabby DC rolls really let me down.

The list i'm taking hasn't been confirmed yet, i'm definatley going to improve the anti IW capability of the list. More ap 2 and Str 9 the order of the day.

Oh why not add positions?

UKGT Heat 3 - 45th - 3 wins 1 Draw 2 Losses

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
966 Posts
HEAT 3 - 19th with massive pink nid horde.

Nearly stopped Lee getting through aswell (i don't think you would have let me walk out of there if you hadn't tbh :lol: ). Faced off and lost to Jigplums (so i guess that kinda balances out beating Lee: Flame On 1 - 1 Heresy Online)(actually maybe that was why Lee's karma was so bad - you stole it al from him when you beat me).

Looking forward to another final (have never failed to qualify) and getting utterly trashed, trying to spend as much time down in the bottom tables having a laugh. Sorry lads i used to play to win at the finals and 1 day tournies. Now i just have a laugh and actually prefer the less pressured ends of the standings.

I'm sure theres gonna be a spikey club, flame on, lemmington steel get together on fri and sat night (boat race?). I'm sure you and lee and the other heresy lads will be welcome.

Lets face it we have won the pub quiz 3 times now, not doing to bad on free beer, let alone the vast comsumption of tbh.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i reckon me and lee could moasy on down for a few bevvies, buts its kinda tradition for us to go out clubbing on fri till 4:30 in the morning and turn up to the gt unable to make out our first opponents army :)

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2-1 to heresy actually, lee beat a flame on guy in round 1 :) the guy was using what we refer to as PicknMix marines.

·
Registered
966 Posts
mmmm trying to remember who had marines out of us lot.

Was it Dark Angels with nicley done Death Wing termies?

·
Registered
966 Posts
yeah that'll be John Last aka Commander Adama. Was his 1st ever GT - in fact 2nd ever tourney for him. He actually ended up 80th which is not bad at all for a first outing.

In fact overall flame on did very well for itself in the 2 heats it entered, 15 qualified out of 21 entrants - thats us making up 10% of the final!!!

The reprebates where:
Longbeard
Great Harlequin
Greater Harlequin
Master J
Fallen Angel
Prophaniti
Grotsmeg
Stompzilla
Derek
Skcuzzlebumm (me)
Craig666
Pacmanswang
Spooky
Dakkadave
Nigel

Which means (good news) odds on you'll have to face down on of us in the fianls - good news cause i can promise (as those who have played us know) it'll be a good game, lots of fun and probably damn hard (unless its me with my termie list).

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tell u what, if i draw u your termies, i'll give you a sporting chance and only roll dice with my right hand. :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
provided you cup mine with your left :wink:

My aim is to get in the top 50 and get nominated for Best Army (winning it will be awesome but i know of some of the armies others are bringning).

Both are hard enough challenges for me.

That and getting you to cup me for 2 hours while we play (cause i'll make it last 2 hours).

>>> also you realise that by saying that Karma will come after you and i'll never stop rolling 6's with my Assacanons and 5+ for my invul's.

·
Registered
966 Posts

Jigplums look of boundless joy when he hears he'll be allowed to cup neil all game long....

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
u evil evil man. that the i was out till 4:30 getting pissed and couldn't walk straight when i woke up look.

·
Registered
966 Posts
what you talking about you had all day to sober up and drink coffee, that was 3pm in the afternoon.

At least you don't look like your having a moment with god:

"yes god, i know its not fair that my pretty pink niddies keep having to face down horrbile men with nasty tornados. Can't you please get karma to do something about it?"

·
Registered
966 Posts
nahhhh me batteries had just died by that point. Don't wory darling i'll get plenty of pics of you for the forum in march.

·
Registered
630 Posts
3rd place for me.
W5 D1 L0
List:
Chaplian: JP,BP,Frags D3+3 DC
Librarian: Bike, Fury, Frags, BP

6 x Marines: Las/Plas Vet Sgt
6 x Marines: Las/Plas Vet Sgt
5 x Marines: Las Vet Sgt

1 x Tornado
1 x Tornado
8 x Assault Marines: 2 x PP's Vet Sgt PF

1 x Baal: HB's EA Smoke
1 x Baal: HB's EA Smoke
1 x Annihilator: HB's EA

Looking forward to meeting up with the non local FLAME ON! contingent and the rest of you guys!
Boat race ftw!
(Chris N/A) :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.