Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Who would you rather be with on the battle field?

• A group of 10 IG

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • A group of 30 Orks

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • A group of 10 Dark Angles

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • A group of 10 Choas Space Marine

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • A group of 16 kroots

• A group of 18 Dark Eldar

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A group of 5 witch hunters

• A group of 10 Necrons

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • A group of 7 Eldar Rangers

• A group of 500 grotz

Votes: 5 17.2%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Is this assuming you're one of them? I mean, if you're a human among a bunch of grots you're going to stick out like a sore thumb.

If I was one of them, I'd love to be in a group of rangers. I'd just cloak myself, sit, and shoot. I'd then retreat if my allies got slaughtered. Dark eldar would be cool too. Just slaughter and enslave a few helpless imperial guardsmen and citizens, then retreat to the webway before enemy reinforcements arrived.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I chose the 500 grotz. For me it would be a "You go that way, I'll go home" kind of deal :biggrin:

But if I was expected to stick around and fight I'd go with the eldar rangers. Lower casualty percentages.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I'd stick with the Necrons....

"You guys just stand right there, shoulder to shoulder, and point your gun thingies 'that' way. Very good, now pull the trigger a few times while your at it... I'll be right behind you... hon.e.........s.....................................t"

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'd say the Chaos Marines, but only if they're either the Alpha Legion or Thousand Sons. The AL were the only other legion to come anywhere near matching the Ultramarines in tactics. And the only surviving Thousand Sons are leet psykers, which essentially makes them cooler-looking Grey Knights.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks!

Seriously, why would you not want to be an Ork? Who DOESN'T want to get "stuck in" wif da boyz?

·
Registered
75 Posts
10 IG - not going to last long against most of the other options
30 Orks - uhm
10 Chaos SM - might sacrifice you at any moment
16 Kroots - to weak
18 Dark Eldar - torture you for pleasure
5 Witch Hunters - 5???
10 Necrons - I'd crap myself
7 Eldar Rangers - the enemy wouldn't see the rangers, but that would just make you stand out more
500 Grots - alot of grots, but having 500 allies that only come up to your ankle tends to make you stand out more.

All things considered, I'd rather be with the DAs. Although they might kill me to perserve some chapter secret.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I would rather be stuck in a foxhole with all the girls from the SI swinsuit issue.

40k choice would be-- 10 necrons. watch them keep coming back. I'll be holding the res orb just in case.

·
Registered
599 Posts
IG there the only ones that will let me live after it's done.... also i may be able to run faster than some of them.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Nobody has picked Dark Eldar? Nobody into the BDSM and black leather scene?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Actually, I would like to mingle with the group of 10 Dark Eldar, especially if they are equipped with a couple of splinter cannons and some blasters. I like speed and the DE are some of the fastest, if not the fastest race in the 40k universe. The thought of racing towards my enemy on a raider, jumping out and fleeting into battle with the possibility to take some slaves home with me is simply divine.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Doesn't matter what I choose - they are all going to be consumed for the Hivemind anyway :so_happy:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I'd go with the Imperial Guard. They have a real sense of squads caring for each other, and personally I think they mirror modern day squads more so than things like space marines. Also, the guardsmen would have more personallity (they are like regular humans). Another reason, is that guardsman have a real sense of heroism of them.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I would go w/DA an elite bunch of guys watching each others backs. There is a strong brotherhood between small elite units and every one is willing to sacrifice their lives for each other...You just don't get that feeling with the other units beside guard.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
My thoughts-

A group of 10 IG -A nice group to be with, but the instant there is heavy fighting you're dead.
A group of 30 Orks - I'd prefer more tactics than "Run 'at dem!"
A group of 10 Dark Angels- Tough and experienced, what's not to like?
A group of 10 Chaos Space Marine- You can't trust Chaos marines, they'll kill you as soon as they think they can do so.
A group of 16 kroot- They don't even have armour... If in a wood it may be OK.
A group of 18 Dark Eldar- I don't really like being evil.
A group of 5 witch hunters- There's 5 of them. Might be OK if they were Grey Knights or similar but rubbish on its own.
A group of 10 Necrons- Necron, be an emotionless robot but survive... What fun.
A group of 7 Eldar Rangers- I dislike pointy helmets
A group of 500 grotz- Even if we survive Orks will tread on us and eat us, no thanks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts