• Angron

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • Lemon Russ

Votes: 29 47.5%
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Just a question. Where is it recorded that russ beat the emp? I understood that he out ate him and out drank him and was struck unconcious by the emp with a single blow and that is why he swore feality. Did not beat the emp as far as I recall.
In my opinion it would be Angron. He is a combat machine with no other purpose. The Russ, He is good but Angron would be better, if only marginally.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
isnt russ the only primarch to have bested horus in combat - albeit it was sparing, i forget witch HH book it was, either the 1st or 2nd, and it was something that no other primarch had done - even angorn...guess that means i vote for russ

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I would say Russ...(*tries to avoid loyalist bias*)
Sure Angron might have more combat ferocity with his gladiator shit, but Russ does have a lot more cunning and strategic intelligence. If Russ can apply that I think he would beat Angron, although he may suffer some severe wounds in the process, it would be rather even in my opinion :) If Angron got close enough, he might be able to tear Russ apart, but I'm putting my money on Russ not allowing it to get like that because of his wolf-like cunning...

Opinions are about 50/50...

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
This is a tough one.

Angron- A killing machine built for war, one of the larger Primarchs he had a mountain land on him and got back up wanting a fight.

Russ- Cunning and known as a fighter, no he did not beat the Emperor in the fighting challenge and as for him being the only one to best Horus in a duel im sure LEJ and Fulgrim also did so, also Corax attacked the Warmaster.

My vote has to go for Angron, if he gets Gorechild and Gorefather in close to Russ he is gone, though Russ does have Gormenjarl that is said to have been able to cut entire mountains in two.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts