Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay i am starting my own pie business since I have had people ordering pies from me like crazy. I am going to make a menu but I want to know what are your favorite kind of pies that you pay money to get that pie. List your favorites, I don't care if they are classic favorites like pumpkin pie or something that is regional to your area or something that is totally off the beaten path.

So let me know what's your favorite kind of pies. The sweet kind as well as any savory kind.

Hair pie is every guys favorite so no need to put that one on the list. :laugh:

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Well, I think that pie is yet another word that means something different in the UK/US, but just in case its still relevant melton mowbrey pork pies are awesome...

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I am not really a big fan of pies, but this is epic mate :) the only pies that I really enjoy and will eat tend to be:

-Chicken Curry (An odd, but delicious one..)

-Steak and Kidney (A lovely classic.)

-Spicey Chicken (Again, odd, but delicious.)

-Blueberry (At least I think that was a pie? :p)

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I hate apple pie, but Pork and Apple pies are sooooooooo tasty. Omnomnom. Damn you, now I'm hungry. :threaten:

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hair pie is every guys favorite so no need to put that one on the list. :laugh:
Hey now, some guys are more partial to sausage :wink:

Mine would be

Savoury - Pepper steak & Fish (though that's not really a pie i guess)

Sweet - Blueberry pie is a wonderful thing, quite partial to rhubarb & gooseberry as well

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Mississippi mud pie. I could have sex with one. Seriously. I would pull an "American Pie" with one. :blush:

Lemon meringue is also tasty. Not sexy, but tasty.

Cherry is also a good one. No sex here either.

Pumpkin is awesome, but only during the holidays. Sexy? Nah, but check back in October, I might change my mind by then.

As for a meaty pie, I go for shepards pie. It is good stuff. Not sexy, too hot, would burn in a bad, bad way.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I was at a beer festival at the weekend an they had Ham and Mustard pies, they were absolutely awesome!

Other pie favourites are:

Chicken and Leek
Chicken and Bacon (bacon makes everything good!)

But if you wanted the ultimate pie it surely must be:

Pork, Ham and Bacon, topped with crunchy pork scratching topping

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
chicken and mushroom, steak and kidney, chicken and bacon, anything else is a complete mess not worthy to be called food.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Yeah, while not a fan of guinness normally steak and guinness or steak and ale are both fantastic pies... steak and kidney are still good but mostly all I tend to look for is nice and warm with awesome gravy- I dont understand the point of chicken pies at all :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts