Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am a CSM player who recently started buying some daemon units. I am not an experienced daemon player but i am greatly interested in this army and i am looking into greater daemons... That being said I am not too familiar with all their synergies...

So my question is what is your favourite greater daemons and why?

I am mostly interested in why you like them and how you use them...

Tks for your help.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
It depends on what you are going for (this is off the top of my head because no codex nearby)

in general for a buffer, Tzeentch obviously.

as an assault unit, prolly khorne (cuz wings) then slaanesh.

I almost never use nurgle anything, so I have no knowledge.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally, my main interest is the fact that greater daemons makes daemon princes HS...i like the fact of having monstrous creatures with biomancy powers wrecking havock....

I like the Tzeentch one but he seems quite fragile...I see a lot of people taking Fateweaver but honestly i don't see why....

I am mostly interested in learning who other successful players use theirs, what worked for them and what they don't like... I like being informed before taking decisions on models of that price. Especially if i decide to go the Forge world route....

tks for your help guys.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Great unclean ones with x2 greater gifts and mastery level 3 all in biomancy can be damn near unkillable. And they unlock nurgle princes, with wings, armor, and ml3 biomancy as well. This setup gets expensive quickly however.

Bloodthirsters are way more mobile than a Guo or keeper (flying MC), but also have a high price tag (290) and khorne princes aren't the best of the 4.

Keepers are a personal favorite of mine. While a tad more vulnerable than the others because of the lack of wings/biomancy, their damage output is high. Lots of attacks, ws/I 10, extra run distance, and telepathy. They clock in cheaper as well.

From what you're describing it seems nurgle would be the way to go.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to admit that i am really tempted by the GUO...that being said, is mobility is a big concern, not to mention that my opponent can tarpit it quite easily....

I am also looking at Fateweaver or Lord of change but like i mentionned, i am not sure i seen how to use it well....

I guess the best thing to do is to simply proxy those models in firnedly games to see which one i like to most...

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
isn't at least 1 of the psychic powers required to be from their god's psychic table. for the GUO and the other greater demons & princes?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
isn't at least 1 of the psychic powers required to be from their god's psychic table. for the GUO and the other greater demons & princes?
Unless i am mistaken, which happens regularly, i think this is only for CSM, not daemons..

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Guo is slow, sure, but you'd use him in tandem with 2-3 flying princes that will have your opponents attention. My biggest deferent from using him is he's basically a giant sponge. His damage output is decent but in comparison to the others he's not as strong. All depends what role you want your greater to accomplish. Most GUOs just deep strike behind or in front of the enemy and force him to deal with it.

Fate weaver is a fantastic choice too in my opinion. Fmc spell platform, and If you have a grimiore of true names nearby he can have a 2++ rerollable save with less chance for the grimiore to fail because of his staff of tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Lord of change...divination.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Only good daemon is a banished daemon. You filthy heretics should be ashamed of yourselves.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
You filthy heretics should be ashamed of yourselves.
Dude I just got done cleaning my guitar gun, my fellow Noise Marines would like to have a word with you on cleanliness; we have a party van out back, let's talk there...Besides you should hang out with the drummer he is a cool dude, we call him Doomrider, he also drives the van.:laugh:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Dude I just got done cleaning my guitar gun, my fellow Noise Marines would like to have a word with you on cleanliness; we have a party van out back, let's talk there...Besides you should hang out with the drummer he is a cool dude, we call him Doomrider, he also drives the van.:laugh:
nananananana I CANT HEAR YOU

1 - 13 of 13 Posts