Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
his name was something like cypher or something like that. it sounds like he's technically chaos, but wants to some how help the imperium or something like that...

who is he, and whats his background?

·
Registered
37 Posts
When the Dark Angels planet Caliban (?) was destroyed cypher was caught in a psychic/ warp shockwave that apparently left him only part human (astartes). Wether its deamon possesion or something else is speculation. I belive he is an avatar for a part of the Emperor's conciousness, and he is headed to Terra to "fix" the Imperium. That last bit is just extrapolation...

·
Registered
376 Posts
The "new revelation" about Cypher stems from Jervis Johnson's take on him:
http://forums.relicnews.com/showpost.php?p=2790316&postcount=22

He was however incredibly forthcoming on the Fluff side of things, as I had about 15 minutes with him talking about one of (and his) favourite characters: Cypher.

Jervis revealed (and I can quote him on this) that Cypher is "absolutely NOT a Chaos Space Marine". The way he envisioned Cypher is as an avatar of redemption, that in some sense the fallen Dark Angels are the good guys, as they see their mistakes and learned from it, but the Dark Angels simply can't see past it, and instead decide to kill things to solve the problem. He also said that Cypher is not entirely human (or super human as the case may be) anymore due to the rend in reality that shattered Caliban, casting the fallen angels through space and time. He said there's a mystical aspect to his character. He also explained a lot of where he got the idea from, a Clint Eastwood movie called High Plains Drifter was his main inspiration.
Needless to say that some DA players weren't pleased to hear this. ;')

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I don't think Jervis is claiming he's not a dark angel, just that now he's...something more....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks. i was kind of confused.

so the theories are;

1 he just wants to kill the emperor
2 hes got some secret plan to make a stronger imperium
3 he demon or part of the emperor's conscience
right

1 - 10 of 10 Posts