Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not talking your "we've been trying to destroy the Imperium for 10,000 years but keep stuffing it up" guys, but Marines that have turned since the Heresy.

My own Chapter, The Brotherhood of the Flame, had several companies get caught up in the Reign of Fire in the mid 38th millenium. Due to an Administratum mistake, they were left unsupported and outnumbered for several decades, and their ancestor worship was slowly turned to worship of the Chaos Gods as more and more of them lost faith in the Imperium. They eventually managed to get off the planet and returned home, where a bitter civil war ensued but they ultimately emerged victorius.

Thats the basic gist of my guys anyway. Lets hear some of yours!

Dragonlover

·
Registered
5 Posts
oooh finally some renegade stuff, well to put it simply here it goes for my renegade chapter of the Angel Guard.

Originally the forces of the Angel Guard were a crusader force of astartes, reaching out into the unknowns of the Halo Stars and Ghoul Stars, after a decade of constant warfare against H'rud infestations and Skylae swarms the Angel Guard were severely depleted, morale was low aswell as their numbers, and so the chapter master Angelos Dante brought his fleet of battleships back to their single homeworld, for even astartes need rest from the constance of war, arriving at their homeworld aptly named Angelica, the marines began the process of recruiting, until called upon again six months later, still severely depleted distress calls were reaching the weakened space marines from the nearby planet of Jericho Prime, situated within the Jericho system, coming upon the planet they found rebel forces in the thousands, having to make landfall with characteristic ferocity casualties rose quickly, being joined by three other astartes forces the imperium began its purging, until each force was quickly pulled away to the outlying planets with word of daemon summonings and rifts opened to the 'other world', but the Angel Guard remained undeterred, single minded they struck at the last bastion, a great fortress known for its impervious nature, and near indestructible walls and numerous kill-zones designed to keep out any who dared assail the imperial held battlements.
After brutal close quarter combat the Angel Guard broke through to the inner palace, what happened there is unknown, but on returning the chapter master Angelos Dante had changed, mutated into that which each marine aspired to spiritually and mentally.
Soon after the Angel Guard left, being chased by the forces of the inquisition and the other astartes, until escaping and leading raids and general piratical behaviour, slaughtering thousands in the name of vengeance and the death of the imperium.

...and thats the brief version :p:grin:

·
Registered
800 Posts
i would like to write one of these but i wouldnt no were to start

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not that hard, you just have to think about it for a bit so everything doesn't come out as a jumbled mess. Some points to consider:

1: Why have they fallen? Pride, greed, corruption from another source or just plain bad luck?

2: Are they all from the same Chapter, or a ragtag bunch from all over the place?

3: If it's a ragtag bunch, is there some kind of unifying scheme a la old school Red Corsairs (with the red crosses over any Imperial iconography) or has the whole force adopted a new scheme, no matter what Chapter they are from?

4: How long have they been fallen for? This is something to consider from a modelling point of view as well, because a newly fallen Chapter won't have that many Chaos bits.

5: Where do they operate from? A fleet, space hulk or a planet, and is it in the warp or realspace?

Thats the main things to consider that I can think of right now, but it's one in the morning so I may be missing something glaringly obvious. I may well expand and refine that list for all the armies in the game as a resource for the board, so if anyone can think of stuff to add to it feel free to drop me a PM.

Dragonlover

P.S- The Brotherhood have three colour schemes. The section devoted to Khorne has dull red armour with silver trim and bronze helmets, the Undivided section has Orange armour with a black left arm and a red dragon head on the black pad, and the Nurgle force is the same, but neglected and corroded.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is anyone else using Imperial tech in their forces that Chaos don't usually get? Things like land speeders and so on. I'm using Land Speeders and Whirlwinds with opponents consent, although they would be pretty easy to VDR as well. I only ask due to Andros' thread in the modelling section and didn't want to clutter that one up.

Dragonlover

1 - 6 of 6 Posts