Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know 'devastator-y' isn't a word. Until now.

But anyway, having been reading that BTs can't take dev squads (I learn something new about them almost every day, it seems) I was wondering who was the ultimate dev-heavy chapter, or the one you particularly associate (for fluff reasons, historical, because you once missread the rulebook and thought you could take 12 dev squads, or whatever) with long-range heavy-weapon shootiness. Or more generally shooting rather than assaulting.

Thank you for your time, patience and soft furnishings.

:cyclops:

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Imperial Fists.

Probably because of the whole seige thing. Whats more devy than a squad of heavy weapons?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
hmm but then there is the trait which allows you to take up to 6 dreads, 3 of which MUST be venerable, removing the 0-1 limit. id call that pretty damn devastatory. but that is a general trait.

on the other hand there is another general trait, that for 3 points per model you can infiltrate dev squads, which is usefull because you could deploy them infront of your army but at their smallest weapons maximum range, allowing them to lay down fire from the very first turn

combine this with a meatshield of infiltrating tac squads for 3 points per model from the same trait and you have one very efective attacking man heavy army, almost all weapons within range from first turn!

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Iron Hands, because of their mechanization. Very shooty army.

Fists, because of the Seige thing. Vindicators, Seige dreds, etc.

I have a buddy who plays pre-heresy Iron Warriors, and he has six Vindicators he can field if he wants.

Anything with Fists, Iron, Steel, Seige, Lords, or Claws is a great army to have some serious guns. My Mountain Angels list is waiting, drooling, for the Line Breaker Vindicator set to appear on my doorstep.

-Dirge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts