Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys ... I've tried and tried and tried but cannot get my power weapons right

At the moment most of them are still at the plastic stage ... I was wondering if anyone here can paint them in the style on the grey knights box (blue and white force looking)

I'm happy to post what I've got to you and send an envelope for postage back

Of course I will reward you for your time in anyway you wish (within reason)

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I have seen people painting the style of force weapon you are referring to for the grey knights with an air brush. Not sure the best way to do this by hand though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never used an airbrush before!

Tbh ... As long as they look good I'm happy ... I just can't get them right :(

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Great link @Matcap

Have a cookie :) I will be defenitly using this for my own force weapons, although I may change the colours depending on the army I'm painting.

Let us know if you use this tutorial and how you get on with this @Festerblight
You are looking for step 4. I would suggest practicing this on some sprue pieces till you are comfortable doing it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
When I make power weapons, I usually do very much layering between the colour I want the blade to have, and white, and end with gloss varnish. Looks something like this (although this is not exactly a power weapon):

·
Registered
564 Posts
g'day guys might be a bit late but this is the tutorial that I used for my force weapons bearing in mind i'm still trying to get the hang of the lightning effect ( I've almost run out of spare sprues my hand isn't steady enough to get the center line right) . but I found this an easy way of doing the blend colours this is the link if you want to check it out.

http://www.miniwargaming.com/conten...es-4-wet-blending-power-weapons-force-weapons

1 - 11 of 11 Posts