Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Abbadon. Its really a shame that chaos can't take thunder hammers, they would work wonders. Abbadon may not be the absolute sure way, but it is the most interesting.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
maybe some on the inquisitor line
e.g inquisitor lord with force weapon, power weapon and other stuff to buff him up maybe give him a psycannon

or get a grandmaster with psycannon and nemisis force weapon, along with retinue

·
Must Paint MOAR!
666 Posts
chaos vs the bringer? hmm... try lots of either beserkers or heavy bolter marines (chosen)

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
What can you get for 360pts that would be able to kill the Nightbringer before it closes to assault? Against Beserkers I think the Nightbringer hits on 3+ and instant kill on 2+...

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you imperials take a Grey Knight Purgation squad with you. 5 Gk's in power armour with 4 pyscannons and Justicar will set you back an almightly 250pts. While normally a waste of pts they are armed with Psycannons, STR 6 Heavy Bolters that ignore inv saves and in this situation would rape the Nightbringer. One round of firing should kill the beast. Furthermore because of shrouding you can the sit happily out of range.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The problem w/ Skulltaker is the Nightbringer's lightning arc. If you add 13 bloodletters (which you can do for same points) and deep strike you should have a chance of getting into hand to hand. Once in hand to hand you have a 50:50 to kill the Nightbringer. If you don't you will lose since he'll eat your lunch on his attack.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's a shame that they took Feral Orks out of the legally-playable category.
One 20-ork unit of doped-up madboyz dropped him in a game at my local store.
Sure it took the better part of 3 turns to roll enough 6's to wound, and then he had to fail his saving throw... but it happened. Go green machine! :grin:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had my Nightbringer die. Of course I've played him only rarely (somewhere between 5 and 10 games I think) so I don't really have all that much experience with him on the field

Usually my opponent congratulates me on my work contributing to Phase Out and ignores him entirely.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had my Nightbringer die. Of course I've played him only rarely (somewhere between 5 and 10 games I think) so I don't really have all that much experience with him on the fieldUsually my opponent congratulates me on my work contributing to Phase Out and ignores him entirely.
That's what usually happens to a nightbringer necron list.
Since we're talking about necrons... I think that the best thing to take out a nightbringer would have to be another nightbringer, lol!

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Grey Knights with Psycannons: what are they and are they good vs anything else? how many points?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Use abaddon get into Close Combat and since he attacks first, wipe him out using all his power wep attacks. Even if you have to kill him in the next assault phase

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Use him in a unit so if any saves are failed he doesn't have to die
Not really true anymore though is it? 5th ed. means all models have to take saves if they are hit with enough shots. This means Abaddon could be the first to die even in a unit of 10 models.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Rending claw spam, sniper spam, lascannon spam, abaddon, tzeench terminators with powerfists and combi meltas, a great unclean one, plague bearers, obliterators.

·
Registered
922 Posts
A couple Lash sorcerers and a couple lascannons, in a Chaos Marine list.

As Daneel mentioned for a Daemons army, Skulltaker and Bloodletter fun.

Another thought would be Fiends of Slaanesh spam. 12 of them, to be precise. 72 rending attacks on the charge (provided all of them make it to him, of course). Admittedly, my math sucks ass, but that should be 6 wounds, 3 unsaved, if statistic average, on the charge.

Edited to amend aforementioned suck-ass math.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
You and your math :)

Expect to lose about 4 of the 12 using this tactic, but if all goes as statistic then you should have him on turn 2.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts