Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

I have a Chaos Space Marine army and my buddy has a Necron Army. He wants me to do some kind of Kill Team Vs. his Necron Nightbringer. (before you start, I know it like brakes all the rules.) NO HOLDS BARRED! Point for point! 360pts Any suggestions? Don't worry about what models I have, I will buy what i need but it has to be Chaos

·
Tactless Tactician
1,166 Posts
You might wanna take that statline out....

·
Registered
599 Posts
would be fun...know nothing of SM

for IG.

HQ choice with hso and a powerfist.
4 plasma

then 2.
las cannon equiped anti tank squads all spread out.
maybe a comisar in each squad w/ power weapon or fist.

pew pew.

basicly shot him and then hope he does not get the charge because if he does not your power fist gets to swing because you he won't deal more wounds than you have troops.

rinse repeat...cheesy...yes

·
Registered
646 Posts
for chaos space marines use abbadon and a dreadnought with twin-linked lascannon, just keep shooting him with the lascannon untill he gets close enough then unleash abbadon, ive killed a nightbringer before with just ababdon so i think you will win.
Or take lots of sorceres and get the gift of chaos power, if you roll a 6 you will turn the night bringer into a chaod spawn lol there god is not as powerful as the power of chaos.

if by you can only use chaos means you can use chaos daemons. then use the skull taker, one 4+ wound and then the night bringers dead( unless he gets lots of saves)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turn the night bringer into a chaod spawn lol there god is not as powerful as the power of chaos.
lol I like that. Just to see his face when his all powerful god turns into a chaos spawn! :laugh:

·
Banned
677 Posts
Posting his statline is copyright infringement, so hurry up and remove that! Don't bring the heat upon Heresy! I'm sure a Mod will wave his wand around the actual numbers for you, but be careful in the future..

On the topic.. As many lascannons/missile launchers as possible. Just dump out devastator(or Havoc) squads.
Or you can have some fun and use ALL scout snipers. He will drop.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That one is easy, 10 ratlings!! just shoot, and keep shooting.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Any tank?

Don't remember 100%, but isn't the nightbringer a regular footslogger? So can't he only move 6" + 6" charge?

For hilarious effect, take a single, unupgraded rhino and move 6" away from him a turn while firing the twin-linked bolter. He'll catch you eventually, what with 'run', but it'd be the ultimate embarrassment if you kill him with a unit that doesn't cost 1/10th of the Nightbringer.

·
Registered
883 Posts
That bolter wouldn't be able to wound him I don't think, not if he's t8?

Perhaps some termies to powerfist him in CC and autocannon him whle he gets to you.
Abaddon is a good idea too, and possibly kharne?

Yeah Kharne and some termies get my vote....you should be able to fit them in 360pts...possibly. If not take a squad of devastators with LCs instead of the termies. Or a daemon prince. Kharne and a daemon prince could do it together? in the points? I'm not sure. But you can give the prince the spawn of chaos power thingy, which would be absolutely hilarious.

·
Banned
677 Posts
You could also be sneaky and stick a Dire Avenger Exarch in there, and just instantly kill him with the Diresword...

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
If you want to take out the Nightbringer with a Chaos Marine army, just load up on Havocs with lascannons and blow him to pieces as he gets close. Be sure to pack a power fist as well to ensure that you can hurt him in combat, too.

·
Registered
450 Posts
i dont know much about CSM, but abbadon sounds good. and the s4 bolter cannot hurt the t8 nightbringer.
if you do tau (i know you said you wanted chaos, but still), you can get a Twin-Linked Railgun for 70pts (Broadsides), and you can use hammerheads as they might be a little more resilient and they both wound on a 2+ against the nightbringer (haha, take that t8!). But tau have got a lot of high- strength guns, mainly railguns, so personally i would use tau every time. oh, and they're ap1 is well in case your opponent gets some notion about armour svs (do C'tan get armour saves - i don't know?)

·
Registered
221 Posts
That bolter wouldn't be able to wound him I don't think, not if he's t8?
Oh right, damn. For some reason I thought he was T6. Now my entire anti-Nightbringer plan is ruined. D:<

I'm pretty sure Abaddon isn't up to taking down the Nightbringer. He'll put a dent in him, but Abaddon is only T5 and he won't be getting his invulnerable save... And he's a CC unit.

Tactics 101 - when your opponent has spent 300-odd points on a living god incarnate that ignores all saves in CC, don't attack it in CC. I'll have to second shooting-it-with-lascannons-till-it-splodes.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Havocs with lascannons until he dies
to have a little fun add some rhinos to have him chase you as you still fire at him with lascannons :taunt:

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
People forget that the NB has a Lascannon type attack that is Assault. You can't really stay out of its field of influence...

·
Registered
538 Posts
My fellow Stargod Nightbringer can now run. He ignores terrain and will be on top of you quicker.
Abaddon is obviously the one to do cc with the Nightbringer. Even Kharn or Ahriman with gift of chaos.
Havocs,Predator and Land Raider with lascannons and obliterators. Terminators with power fists and other good size sqds with a pwr fist in them.
They have plenty to take down the Nightbringer. While you spend an entire turn shooting everything at the Nightbringer,how do you cope with the rest of the necron army?

Anyone can rummage thru any codex and name off all the things to eliminate the subject in verses....? It's all a matter of tactics. We need to expand more in this type of thread.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Termies are a BAD plan. Nightbringer ignores invul saves too.

·
Registered
220 Posts
a force weapon would be your best bet, but I don't think chaos has them, in that case get some some rock hard units probably terminators with the mark of khorne and tzeench to up their inv give 'em all powerfists or thunderhammers if you can but like before I don't think chaos has them

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
In doubt CSM has snipers, but they are very good. Hit on 2+, so unlikely to miss, and the crucial wound on a 4+

However, there is one weapon that would kill it instantly...

A HAMMER!!!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts