Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
As said they are Sisters of Silence, who accompanied Russ and his Wolves to Prospero. I do agree that they look male though, however very little of the pictures with them in look very female in my opinion. They mostly seem to sport the same kind of plumes for their hair as well. I like them though, an interesting group of people (There is a short in Tales of Heresy which the Sisters of Silence are the focus upon; as is there information in Collected Visions.) here's a link if you want to know more- http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sisters_of_silence

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Thats because armour is not designed to show off a person's assets; thats actually very stupid to do for the most part. If the point of a chest plate is to deflect bullets and shrapnel away from your chest and face, having curved bulges sticking out of the armour runs the risk of deflecting that stuff upward into the very face your trying to protect.

Standard, one size fits all, form fitting armour is there to protect you and make you that much harder to pick out amongst others your fighting alongside. Try picking out the sergeant in a squad of ten when everyone generally looks alike and you can't tell the squad apart just by looking at their face or general features.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
The two in the Prospero Burns cover actually have breasts on their armour though, if you look carefully behind their blades you can see them. I was more saying that about their faces, they are built rather manly in my opinion.

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
Those are the ugliest women I have every seen then... but yes, those are the sisters of silence.
I don't think they are there to look pretty more to rip your testicles off for a new set of earings

Also they are untouchables who are generally reviled and detested by mortals, as they feel uncomfortable around them. A nice hair do is the least of there worries

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I imagine ceremonial armor for female personnel would have a distinctly feminine profile, but as stated to do so on service armor is a bit counter productive.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
All 40k females have curvy armour though, look at the SoBs

The sisters are precursors to the witch hunters, we don't know whether their still around. They are major players in flight of the eisenstein and they feature heavily in collected visions if you want to know more about them

·
Registered
843 Posts
I believe they're still around, guarding the Black Ships that carry untrained psykers to Terra. Considering the danger those psykers present, they would be the ideal guards.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sisters of Battle are fairly tough soldiers, shames me to say that they are twice as good as any GuardsMAN :victory:

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Sisters of Battle are fairly tough soldiers, shames me to say that they are twice as good as any GuardsMAN :victory:
Better armed, better trained, fewer in number; yeah your standard sister can probably kill your standard guardsman in a straight up fight. That is if you can get the guardsman to fight a sister in a straight up fight.

Sisters are a fairly secluded bunch, less world wise (amongst other things); those in guard regiments would have a much easier time blending in to make use of a wider variety of tactics.

Of course, stuff like that ends up meaning fuck all on the table. Then again, on the table you get about two guardsmen for the price of one sister.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sometimes numbers is better than power, I fought an IG player with my old TS army, he must of had atleast 150 lasguns pointed at my face.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Another bone to pick about the cover art- Assuming those are Russ's wolves by his side... Isn't one supposed to be black, while the other is silver/white?

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
If your wondering about the wolves at his side, shouldn't you also wonder about the pelt he's wearing. Last I remember, Russ is a bit famous for slaying and wearing the pelt of a black mane wolf just as Ragnar did.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts