Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI all well im from geraldton western Australia we have a little club here and our nerest GW is 400 clicks away so we really only have die hard fans i have a wife who names my models ( Dolls as she calls them ) like my Grey KNight Gandmaster is Richard he is an accountant by day and deamon slayer by night

and she thinks im a geek lol well its nice to meet you all

·
Banned
2,022 Posts
Wats up im from sterling heights michigan. closeest store for me is only about 20 so miles from where i live so we get casual players mostly

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I come from the wonderful;y historic city/town (depends whether you take notice of what the queen says about it or not (like me)) of *drum roll*.......MILTON KEYNES!!!!!!!! In my neighbourhood, there is demonlord345 and The Deadman (Heresy users), two or three families, 5 couples, and a helluva lot of dogs, 4 of which are German Shepards, which have a developed a taste for my sister (whenever she's out there, you can see all these dogs looking out the window at her, brrr).

*RANT MODE: OFF*

·
Registered
857 Posts
I live in an area totally lived in by senior citizens, and it sucks.

the only time I see people anywhere near my age (and I use that term loosely) is the school near my house but that would be creepy and since there isn't a GW store anywhere here for about 20minute drive, I can't see many kids playing it :(

·
Registered
143 Posts
HI all well im from geraldton western Australia we have a little club here and our nerest GW is 400 clicks away so we really only have die hard fans i have a wife who names my models ( Dolls as she calls them ) like my Grey KNight Gandmaster is Richard he is an accountant by day and deamon slayer by night

and she thinks im a geek lol well its nice to meet you all
It must be an Aussie thing - my Stealth Team are Nigel, Roger and Cyril (Cyril is the drunken one who tends to fall off his base and end up flat on his face in the middle of a battle). Living in Melbourne so it's pretty easy to find somewhere to play although many of them are the spotty, bumfluffed variety of Anoraksia Nerdosa - the 'must win at all costs' type that tends to spoil it for those of us that play for shits n giggles. Just play against the g/f's son and his thick as pigshit mate because the hardcore "this is my entire life and you WILL respect me" brigade really piss me off. Guys, message for any of you who fall into the that bracket - it's just a game, they're just little plastic toys, it's NOT real...lighten the f**k up - you don't get an armour save in Real Life.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Who Are The People in Your Neighborhood

Well.......
I'm from Northridge, in California.
There's Jimmy, the manager of the GW at the Northridge Mall by my house,
There's Fransisco, an employee of the local GW who is my pal.
There's Wolf, a fitting name since he has a kick-butt Space Wolves Army.
There's Peter, a fellow Blood Angels player.
There's Senor Bandana, who I call Skullcap, a Necromunda player.
There's Senor Bandana's friend Jack, another Necromunda player. (They are both my friends)
There's Mattias, just some guy.
There's Chris and Andy, two other GW employees who are also my friends.
There's Santa, an older gentleman who likes to argue about global warming.
And last but not least, there's ME!

Sanguinus Forever!!!
Death to the Enemies of the Emperor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm from Springfield IL, and though its the capitol of my state...there are only independent retailers here. My hobby shop has a room full of tables, 4x6, that can be used for any purpose as long as there are no tourneys going on. The gamers here tend to be in their 30's to mid 40's, with two odd players (me, 19, and my friend jack, who is 21). Mostly Tyranid players down here (god next time i see a flyrant....), with SM players being in the minority, along with Orks (only 3), and the few necron players. I myself am the bottom though(I'm the only LatD player) and have the satisfaction of people not having many tactics for use against me...though tactics for killing the green horde work pretty well... The gamers tend to be nice guys who play just because its fun. We also meet regularly at the shop (like 20 of us) and have partner battles, which is also great. I'll leave it with that.

Death to the false emperor!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I live in a small town near Toronto, and nobody plays. It's really sad. I've currently got no car, so I can't make it out to the GW near me. Aaaghh! I hate this. The only other gamers are my two friends. They're lovely people, but I've played them each 3 million times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey, from Vancouver, B.C eh? (Beavers, Lumberjacks, Pot smokers...etc....haha)

currently in last years of high school, tones of players at school too.

pretty worked up about 5th ed nerfing the crap outa everything about marines

working on a Tau army and then pit them against each other by my lonely self Y_Y

1500pts - Salamanders (duno where i stashed them)
3000pts - unassembled Marines ready for 5th ed
1000pts - Unassembled Tau ready for 5th ed

been playing since 3rd ed, stopped for awhile to concentrate on school.
hope to get to know you all and have some good talks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I am WB and I focus on warhammer 40K and a bit warhammmer. one year ago I go to plaza singapora GW shop and saw the amazing modelling they did. So I start to like GW stuffs. previously I only buy models and paint little. Now i am very interested in games. But the problem is I am not familar with the rules and no friends play such games.............

Until now I have bought 8000pts SM and 1000pts IG and also have ork, Daemonhunters and Witch Hunters. But my painted army only 700 pts UltraSM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Drop pods for everyone!

Hello, I'm from Indiana and started playing Warhammer 40k a couple of years ago with an orphan army from one of my buddies. And now I'm hooked.

I have been wanting to add drop pods to my "Lions of the Emperor" space marine chapter but at 100 bucks a piece Forge world stuff is just too salty.

And with all due respect to those out there with PVC pipe caps for pods, I just couldn't do that either, BUT I found the answer! It was called a troop lander from "the war store" looks like a drop pod, same size as a drop pod.

Its made from fiber board, and CNC machined but its easy to put together with some wood glue, and paints up great, takes a bit of sanding, but I love them.

You can check them out at http://www.thewarstore.com/product9157.html

OH, and they're only like 30 bucks!

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I used to have a pretty solid gaming club called the Black Legion back in Chicago, now I've got a few good USAF buddies who play, so we haunt the local game shop and pray for good reserve rolls. The Black Legion is spreading....muhahahahahaha!!!

-Dirge

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hiii, I'm from England. And I collect Orks :D "Oh no a Ork player"
Well, I'v just started collecting them really. Old army was Chaos.
They kicked me out for being too dumb so i went to da greenskins insted.
yeahh..

·
Registered
240 Posts
I live on the mediterranean coast of spain, fantastic weather, 10mins from the beach, lovely girlfriend, and absolutley no-one to play 40K against....

Well, there is one indy store, but hmm, not really my thing, I'm 33, most of them are excitable teens who get all flustered when my girly gets too close :headbutt::punish:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, I'm from around Manchester, UK, and I play regularly every Thursday at my local gaming club, where a good few of of my mates go, and where I have made a few more :grin: If anyone's around the north side of Manchester (near Bolton or Bury) then you're welcome to send me a PM and I'll give you details of where to find us :eek:k:

I'm quite lucky because I have two GWs to go to if I choose - GW Bolton and Manchester, which seems to be about 2 more than a few people here are in range of.

My local club is not a hardcore club full of rules lawyers and tournament-busting armies, with a good mix of WFB and 40K on at all times, with the occasional Mega-Battle, Warhammer World trip, etc. This September, we're going to Games Day, so if anyone else is there, give us a shout :)

--HLE--

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm a resident of Phoenix, Az and the Valley is a pretty good scene for gamers of all stripes. We've got at least 6 gaming stores with in-store playspace as a priority for them. One of the gaming stores is actually a 24-hour shop. On the plus side, its very easy to find games there during most popular hours of the day. On the down side, it DOES smell as funky as you'd imagine at times. Most of the stores though are pretty friendly and tend to attract a crew of consistent regulars. Major tournaments tend to attract players from all over the Valley (given that it can be an hour's drive to get from one end of Phoenix to the other, most gamers usually tend to pick a local store and stick with it).

We used to have a dedicated GW store in the mall, but that shop closed down a while back. The neighborhood gaming stores are much nicer to deal with in my humble opinion and a LOT less anal about what sort of events they'll run.

41 - 60 of 234 Posts