Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the moment i mainly play tau and eldar and a while back was looking into something a little bit diffrente from those two armies my first choice was going to be white scars a few months later here i am and my Freind is selling off his entire white scar collection for really cheep. So before i make any final decisions i wanted some help on a 2000 point list. So on to the list.

1st combined arms detachment ( whits scars chapter tactics)

Khan moon draken 150

Command squad apothecary 4 grav guns bikes

5 man bike squad 2 grav guns 1 combi grav attack bike with multi melta 200

Storm talon with sky hammer missiles

Storm talon with sky hammer missiles

2ed combined arms detachment( white scars chapter tactics)

Chapter master with artificer armour bike shield eternal bike and thunder hammer

So that list there comes out to be about 1595 in total which means i have 405 points left for my land speeders and thats the main problem im having with the list at the moment is what land speeders to use. I have narrowed it down to 3 different options.
1 land speeders with a typhoon missile launcher. 75 points a speeder
2 a land speeder with 2 heavy flamers. 60 points a speeder
3 a land speeder with 2 multi meltas. 80 points a speeder
So what type of land speeders should i use i would like the number of models to be under 6 but please suggest whatever load out will better compliment the list i have above. Also as a side note i see a lot of daemons where i play along with guard and marines.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
i play a full raven wing list and find that the typhoon missile does all i need has good range to stay away from small arms fire and if big things want to go after it thats cool...leaves my bikes alone. im also playing with the idea of the stormwing..i really like the idea gives the bike some really good support and 200+ extra point for the raven isnt too much

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
since land speeder will be a support role, i'll take them for such and split them in two "groups": a dedicated anti tank and a mixed role.
3 with typhoon (225) for the mixed role
2 with multimelta (160) for the dedicated antitank/anti monster
you still have 20 pts left to add some goodies here and there, say a power weapon and a meltabomb

·
Registered
434 Posts
I usually run one or two MM/HF speeders in a squad and then bring as many Typhoon/HB speeders as I can. Since you're allying with yourself that gives you 6 fast slots and two are filled by flyers. So I'd run two pairs or typhoons and a single suicide MM/HF. You'll have an extra slot so you could eve separate a pair of typhoons into singles if you wanted to. Either way you'll still have 35 points to fill.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow thanks for all the comments so fast guys.
Fatmantis i have seen the typhoon missiles work very well and thats why i included them before i only considered the multi-melta and heavy flamers speeders.
Neferhet i think that will work 3 typhoon and 2 multi melta speeders il have to try it out.
Christopher sorry but your idea is the only i have any problem with i dont like the 1 multi melta and 1 heavy flamer because then if i shoot at troops then im basicaly wasting the melta and vice versa with vehicles. But maybe choosing either melta or flamer as a suicide unit? But thats it il consider it all. Again thanks for all the super fast responses!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts