Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-NOTE- THIS WAS ORIGINALLY CREATED AND POSTED BY SKCUZZLEBUMM. ALL CREDIT IS HIS.

Ok have done the mini tutorial you asked for. It would be better if i new the fuck how to use a camera properly, the the right lighting etc, but hey we can't all be perfect.

Anyways here is an easy 6 coat way to do white armour.

Step 1. After priming the model black paint all the armour codex grey. Easy. Remember as always to keep the paint to an even consistency, to thick and it will blob. Thin and it will pool like ink the cracks.

Step 2. Next go over the codex grey with Astronomica Grey (foundation paint) again keep the consistency smooth and slightly thin. Make sure to leave the deeper recesses codex grey.

Step 3/4/5. Now go clean yor water pot, clean your brushes with soap and clean your pallet. Reason is when you use white the smallest ammount of another colour will drity the white. Take again a nice smoth, slightly thinned coat and go over the Astronomica. Again leaving the deeper/shaded areas as before. All you do is repeat this step probably 2 more times until you have a nice smooth white finish.

What you'll be left with is a white armoured marine with sublte grey shading. Voila.

This particular model only took me 1hr and thats including taking photo's and writing this.

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
A tiny bit of chestnut ink (and I do mean tiny) in the clean water when you start doing the white gives a slightly more realistic tone to the white-- a slightly dirtied effect, really. You may want to go back and highlight with clean water afterwards, but honestly, white armor isn't going to stay white very long in a combat situation. Hell, even walking around a field is going to dirty the greaves and boots a bit.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
i love them, they look wolfy even if there not with those chaos capes, are they raven guard or a home made chapter

·
Registered
56 Posts
thats awesome!:eek:k:
ive seen people paint white armour using this method:
spray the model with skull white spray paint
apply watered down black ink all over the model to provide shading
then paint the armour skull white with just a tiny bit of chestnut ink and fortress gray
then skull white highlights

·
Registered
1 Posts
In my school art exam, my teacher is having us paint (with watercolor) a painting that represents today's lifestyle and culture. We have to pick an artist, and use their style for our painting, so I picked Edgar Degas and he does impressionism. The main reason for picking him was because I’m a dancer, and love dance paintings. I am a pretty good artist, so I’m not worried about the difficulty in making an impressionism painting, but I’m still trying to figure out an idea. Do you have a good idea?

·
Registered
1 Posts
How can I use masks I created in photoshop, in adobe premiere?

How can I use masks I created in photoshop, in adobe premiere? I need to crop out a complex shape, and i can only do that in photoshop. How can I apply that mask to my video in premiere?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts