Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
is that the one with the orks release if so then it's crap, like triumph of man said still crappy ad rag, i only got the white dawrf thathad the golden deamon in there, i saw Fulgrim and im like OMG! he's cool but anywho only get them if you think you will read lots of it (that ain't ad's)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I get WD just because subscribing get two for the price of one. If I had to pay the full price for each mag, then I propably wouldn't get it. The occasional article is good, and the Golden Daemon pics are awesome, but a lot of the magazine is sadly not that great.

I miss the old days, when the WD was something you anxiously waited for and it was amazing...

- Loran

·
Registered
599 Posts
You would think the editors would relise this.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Is it just me, or does every New Army featured ALWAYS win the Battle Report? Is that a marketing ploy? If so its kind of an insult to our intelligence...:angry:

·
Registered
999 Posts
I get WD just because subscribing get two for the price of one. If I had to pay the full price for each mag, then I propably wouldn't get it. The occasional article is good, and the Golden Daemon pics are awesome, but a lot of the magazine is sadly not that great.

I miss the old days, when the WD was something you anxiously waited for and it was amazing...

- Loran
It still is. WD has just as man y articles as it used to. It just has more ads as well. It used to be a 80/20 split between content and ads. Now it's more like 65% content and 35% ads. It's still got good content though because it's twice the size of yesteryear.

I started colelcting around issue 160 when Man O War came out. The New WD is 2 times large than those older issues. The info is a lot more stream lined and it has lots of articles for Fantasy, 40k, LotR, modelling , etc.

I'm not a GW cronie. I am just looking at it with a more open mind than a lot of others do.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yep i dont like WD that much anymore but its still ok. They still have a lot more ads and i think that they are running out of ideas bcuz now they have pictures of frames and i dont like ther BR most of the time. I think that the editors need some fresh stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts