Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have acquired some pre-owned Razorbacks. Is there any way that I (a humble beginner modeler) can convert them to Whirlwinds, without spending the $28 per kit from Forgeworld?

·
Banned
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe I could get 4 Cyclone Missile Launchers for about $15-17. Each launcher has 2 missile pods, did you mean 2 launchers per vehicle or really 4 per vehicle?

Also, what is plasticard?

·
Registered
0 Posts
You can also buy the plastic whirlwind launcher sprues. 14.99 per sprue plus 3.99 (US 4.99 International) for the shipping on all of them. That includes everything you will need to turn them into a whirlwind including topplate and missle launcher and I am sure you could trade off the razorback bits to someone, heck I would be intrested in them (including the top plates etc) or you can keep them and be able to flip em (do not glue them down) from Razorbacks to Whirlwinds as needed.

·
Banned
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay I ordered enough Cyclones for 1 of 2. Does anyone have the link to where the whirldwind sprues mentioned above are sold?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Missle launchers = plasticard for braces/brackets + drinking straws + greenstuff (for missle heads)

Also makes cool ork rocket launchers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
If you want to be creative make a Rocket Launcher like the old shoulder fired launcher with a feeder on the rear and a single tube, just enlarge the feeder a bit and make one larger launcher tube. Shouldn't be to difficult either, just finding cool looking rockets for the feeder might be a bit difficult.

Or you could model it after the MK 19 Army grenade launcher, but you would have to have a marine firing it.

OR.... *gasp* if you are feeling really froggy seal the door closed on the back of the Rhino and take a fine saw once the entire model is glued together and cut about from about 1/3 to 1/2 of the model to about half the model down, take plasti-card and seal the open area (you can leave gaps for hoses and such) and create a lifting mechanism to hold the launcher in place (or make hydraulic cylinders) and create box that raises up from the back of the rhino much like the US Army's MLRS unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts