Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which should be the codex for 2011, early 2012?

I hope some moderator can put a voting over the topic with the armies still without 5th edition. if is not a problem. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Definately Space Marines. They are WAAAAAAAY too underpowered!:angry:........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Dark Eldar and Necrons, but first 'Crons I'd say, even though evidence seems to be pointing towards DE, not that I care anyway :).

·
Registered
252 Posts
Current rumours are DE later this year with Grey Knights in January. That leaves room for at least two more codexes is 2011. We know Necrons and Sisters of Battle are being worked on (which will clear the backlog of 3rd ed books), although I would be surprised if we don't get either a loyalist SM chapter or CSM somewhere in the mix.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
There's a rumour going around that 6th Ed is coming in mid 2012, so the cycle will start again with a new SM Codex no doubt.

Other than that next will be DE and GK, then Necrons and SoB...plus whatever Fantasy ones they do.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CSM is one of the newest 4th edition... maybe before Tau or Dark Angels...

edit: but 5th edition is just new... and is a good edition I don't think they change it that fast...

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
CSM is one of the newest 4th edition... maybe before Tau or Dark Angels...

edit: but 5th edition is just new... and is a good edition I don't think they change it that fast...
It's just a rumour about 6th Ed..time will tell. The same rumour has DA as early 2013.

·
Registered
825 Posts
My money is on 6th ed 2012.

4 years between editions for both systems would leave 1 year between releases for "mystery box" type stuff to keep the money coming in
( assuming of course they go to a 4 year cycle properly)

wfb... ???... 40k...???... wfb...??? etc etc.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Current rumours are DE later this year with Grey Knights in January. That leaves room for at least two more codexes is 2011.
Codices. Not 'codexes'. I have not seen any credible DE rumours about a release this year. There isn't room in the schedule. GK are almost certainly going to be a Games Day UK announcement.

6th Edition will be here no later than Summer 2014, more likely 2012-2013.

I don't think there's been greater than a 6 year gap between the release of 40k editions so far (was 2nd edition released in 1992 as I'm supposing?) with only a 4 year gap between 4th and 5th.
Usually that would seem about right for a new edition, but I think GW believe 5th ed. is popular and will save some money by not changing the edition until a bit later. 2014 is not unlikely, therefore.

All armies will be updated in one form or another before 6th edition. This was confirmed by someone or other.
Jervis told me that DE and Necrons need so much work to update them in the 40k game context that they might not be redone until 6th ed.. Unless GW plan an early edition change that means at least 2 more years and maybe even 4.
I think there is a good chance of a Necron codex next year, but it is by no means a done deal that all armies will be updated before 6th ed. comes out. Several armies never got a 4th ed. codex.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rogue Trader (1987)
Second Edition (1993)
Third Edition (1998)
Fourth Edition (2004)
Fifth Edition (2008)

I think was only 4 years between 4th and 5th because was a really not popular edition...

5th edition is a good one. I think almost all armies should get and update to 5th edition.

But for example some codex like Orks are 4th by they really look like 5th.

I just hope Dark Angels don´t become again another failed experiment like the last codex, and they do something like Blood Angels or Space Wolves because they really did amazing codex with this last two.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I want to see a new Chaos Codex, but the chance of that happening is slim until the older codexs' get updated. But it wouldnt surprise me if GW fixed the space marines up with a new Codex for 6th ed. got to keep those Smurfs roll'n

·
4,491 Posts
Nobody knows what plans GW have until they OFFICIALLY announce them.

I can remember going all the way back to the release of 4th ed, people were claiming that Dark Eldar were going to be one of the first couple of Codices.
Release date was said to be 2005.
Then the date came around, and somebody said "oh hang on, so-and-so said its going to be delayed".
So it got delayed again... and again... and again... and again... so on so forth.

Truth is, 40k-related internet forums are full of idiots that like to start rumours for fun, and gullible 15 year olds.
If you dont believe me, check out BOLS. Supposedly the main source of all reliable rumours. They have a post where they claim that DE were going to be the 2nd codex release of 5th edition, straight after the vanilla marines. Now we have had something like 6 since then, and still no sight of any official release dates.
The current rumours are claiming that they are going to be released this month. THIS MONTH!
No official release notifications, nothing up for pre-order, old models are still available, seriously guys...... :headbutt:

Sorry for the rant, but i just cant believe how gullible and hopeful some people can be.
Remeber kids, not everything you read on the internet is fact. :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts