Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't really about rules questions, so I'm placing it here in general 40k.

In all the previous versions of 40k, some rules have been more popular than others. If you could bring back a rule from previous versions, which would you bring back?

Me?
Overwatch, from 2nd ed I think. I SO wish we could still do that.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
the rule where if you choose to shoot at a squad and you realize you cant see it .. thats your shooting done for that guy/troop/vehicle

·
Registered
995 Posts
overwatch, like elchimpster said. It was a beautiful thing

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Overwatch allowed you to shoot in the opponents movement phase at something that moves, if you didnt shoot in your last turn.

that gets my vote too. and a proper psychic phase.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Overwatch seemed like a pretty realistic and useful rule. Too Bad they got rid of it. :(

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
definately overwatch it made the game more tactical and maybe even proper grenade rules, who here can remember launching ten frag templates in a mob of grots or termigants and wading through the bits

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Grenades to actually DO SOMETHING! In real life, you throw a frag grenade, and it goes boom, kills stuff. But in 40k they do almost next to NOTHING!!!!!!!

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Overwatch gets my first vote.. can we say ambush time??? :)

Diffrent movement values is my second. Personally I think your movement should match your Init value.. it only makes sence that if your moving that fast you will have the upper hand in CC.

Second Edition Psykers would by my third vote... from what I hear psykers where the shiznit in second edition and could single handedly change the course of a game.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Armour Save Modifiers. Not to the extremes of 2nd Ed, more like the old Bezerker axes/choppas.

I'll also second the movement value thing.

Dragonlover

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ill name more than one. Splitting fire,different movement for different units,overwatch,get rid of the AP rule and go back to weapon strength effecting your armor save(like Fantasy still is)...with this change Gw could again have specific stats for a power fist,a chain fist,a power sword and a power mace. The generic over simplified AP and power weapon system make a 2+ and 3+ save not so tough.Real grenades are good as well...forgot about those.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts