Gore pack
2x Bikes melta flamer 182
10x Flesh hounds 160
Total 1499

- [ ]

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
i have to say it: black crusade warband is not my favourite "decurion style" detachment. i feel that the cultists horde can offer us something more.
However, the second list looks better, namely for the gorepack. 9 fleshounds and a juggerlord+ 2 sorcerors will enter into anyone's ass with ease, unless severely countered. This will give the rest of your army a nice time, being secondary target. You have a fast army, but lack ranged antitank and anti horde.
i'd take 2 units of marines in rhino with meltagun + meltabomb and dirge caster rhino, dropping that odd havoc launcher and plasmagun. raptors should go duoble meltagun, and terminators should always go plasma to soften up the unit you going to charge with the spawns.
What do you think?
GLORY TO CHAOS!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have swapped the Lord and 2 guys off list 1 for a terminater sorcerer to go with the other terms. And if I drop the combi off the terminater champ I can get an extra hound and then bump the raptors flamer to a melta.
Like you say nef I'm not sure between the two, the first has a bit of everything with a high threat combat spawn unit (2 sorcerers and jug) secondary combat response from terms and third sorcerer and more ranged firepower from the Sicaran with cultist bubble wrap. This also gives me a chance to try out some more new spells. The second list is definitely more high threat in combat with the spawn (bike sorcerer) and hound (Lord and jump sorcerer) units. But like you say I do worry about the tail end weakness, but it heavily relies on its mobility.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts