Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Who is your favorite 40k "god?"

• The God Emperor (For this, I am counting him)

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • One of the Chaos Gods (Tzeentch, Khorne, etc.)

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • One of the C'tan (Deceiver, Void Dragon, etc.)

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • One of the Eldar Gods (Laughing God, Khaine, etc.)

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Gork 'n Mork!

Votes: 15 17.4%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this may make people upset, but for the sake of having a reasonable number of choices, I consolidated several gods by grouping. (I.e. chaos gods, eldar gods, etc.)

If you want, you can go into specifics. (I.e. If you check "One of the C'tan" you may then post down below "Void Dragon for the win!")

For this exercise, the God Emperor is counted.

I myself chose Gork 'n Mork. I LOVE their mythology: (It involves them beating up other races' gods.) In my mind, an ork myth could go something like this: During their travels, Gork and Mork stumbled across the Eldar Laughing God. The Eldar Laughing God then tries to trick them into doing his bidding, but then Gork says "Eh, Shuddup!" and then Mork clobbers him so hard he is thrown to the other side of the galaxy, beyond the killing effect of Slaanesh's birth. And that is REALLY how the Laughing God survived the fall of the Eldar.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Burn Heretic! For He Is The Saviour Of Your Soul And You Will Be Judged!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
How did 42.86% of people vote for Gornk and Mork??? Whatever, that's who I voted for...

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
All hail the Allfather!!!!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
MALAL!!! God of despair!!!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sorry, have to go with Tzeentch. It's the only god smart enough to outsmart himself by foiling one of his own plans with another and still be able to call it a hands down success.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Burn Heretic! For He Is The Saviour Of Your Soul And You Will Be Judged!
(Note: All of what is about to be said was taken from one, non-canon website)

If it is of any comfort, I hear that in the Emperor occasionally appears in Ork myths. They know about him, having seen alters to him on various Imperial worlds and all those guardsmen who shout "For the Emperor!" before getting their heads ripped off. Ironically, they don't completely disrespect him, apparently. They see him as some sort of mighty war-god, and they can therefore relate to him. A powerful one too; it doesn't really matter that he commands a bunch of wimpy oomies. He is still tough. In fact, Emperor appears as a titanic caricature of humanity, to challenge the Ork gods to battle.

That said, the Orks also have a lot of bad stuff to say about the Emperor. They also view him as being irrational and bumbling. To them, he always seems to try to do things the hard way or wrong way. (I.e. building up an invasion force instead of going in and clobbering the enemy immediantly) So, they view him as strong but prone to overthinking.

·
Registered
745 Posts
(Note: All of what is about to be said was taken from one, non-canon website)

If it is of any comfort, I hear that in the Emperor occasionally appears in Ork myths. They know about him, having seen alters to him on various Imperial worlds and all those guardsmen who shout "For the Emperor!" before getting their heads ripped off. Ironically, they don't completely disrespect him, apparently. They see him as some sort of mighty war-god, and they can therefore relate to him. A powerful one too; it doesn't really matter that he commands a bunch of wimpy oomies. He is still tough. In fact, Emperor appears as a titanic caricature of humanity, to challenge the Ork gods to battle.

That said, the Orks also have a lot of bad stuff to say about the Emperor. They also view him as being irrational and bumbling. To them, he always seems to try to do things the hard way or wrong way. (I.e. building up an invasion force instead of going in and clobbering the enemy immediantly) So, they view him as strong but prone to overthinking.
PURE HERESY, DIE FILTH!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Kill ! Maim ! Burn ! Skulls For The Skull Throne... erm, sorry, got carried away,
but as a Blood Angel, You know that the Old Man is not a God. He just sleeps a lot.
So Khorne it is.

Blood For The Blood God !

1 - 20 of 42 Posts