Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Which Type Of Dreadnought Should I Comission?

• Option 1

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Option 2

Votes: 25 56.8%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need some help. Very soon I will be comissioning Grytz Minis to sculpt me an Adeptus Custodes army. One part of that army will be a dreadnought. But I wanted to know, what kind of dreadnought would look coolest. Option 1 or Option 2?

Option 1:

Or

Option 2:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No no no you got it all wrong. Option 1 is simply a Pre heresy design and by type I meant like that Option 2 is not the one I would buy I simply meant get to to add stuff like that all over the dreadnought I give him.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I'm not a big fan of either of them either to be honest but it's your army so it's up to you. Out of the 2 I'd pick the last one though. The first option just looks like a big armoured Clank from that Ratchet and Clank.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
dont worry so much what people think, sometimes people can be to critical, i like the 2nd one just becuase of the gs, and the creativity your showing, i wish i had such skill keep it up

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dont worry so much what people think, sometimes people can be to critical, i like the 2nd one just becuase of the gs, and the creativity your showing, i wish i had such skill keep it up
Just to make it clear I didn't make these. Just showing types of Dreads I like and seeing which one you guys like more And I can get it comissioned.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats the thing, even if I went with Option 2 I would be getting it majorly covered over with Custodes stuff. So it wouldn't look anything like anormal Dreadnought.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I went with option one but allow me to explain. That particular one looks a bit odd. I personally think that the body is too round and too large. However I think the pre-heresy dread would look far better for the custodes. My suggestion is to get the horus heresy collected visions and model the dread off the magnificent artwork contained therein.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like the 2nd one from a purely visual point of view but i think the first one is much more in keeping with what you are trying to achieve, i wondered whether you could get some more scrolled body armour on the first one though, if i remember right all of the custodes have the names of the conquered written across their armour in one long continual line, so i'd imagine a dread would have thousands of names!
I also picture the custodes style armour as harking back a lot more to classical plate mail, like the bretonian knights from wfb, so maybe some more flowing/curved armour type plates would be suitable?

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I went for option 2 as a design option, although a lot of the GS work is poorly executed. The multi melta shoulder pad is shoddy and too heavy and the head does look a little silly. The wings are not wing like enough and would need to be thinner to give the impression of wings.

The first one looks more like a robot from epic days and not really fitting to custodes or marines personally speaking.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I think something in between the two would be best. The style of the 1st one, but with blockier plates on it's belly area(the big round bit) and a lot more robes.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I picked option #1 just for the simple fact that it would stand out from the rest of the dreadnoughts out there. I think the legs would need to be bulked up but the rest of it makes it stand out more than the other one.

·
Registered
941 Posts
second looks damn awsome!:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts