Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Which colour sounds like it looks better

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently undertaken the decision to create a vanilla marine chapter that is focused on tigers. I have come up with a draft army list and started gathering the monies. The last question is to decide on colours of stripes. I have narrowed it down to the 3 choices above. I can answer questions about the chapter in later posts. Much thanks!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
This guy here is a little bit loopy (very creative though), and his army probably has every variation on tiger stripes going, so you should be able to get some good visual cues from there.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i voted mustard, since most tiger patterns (on anything) usually have orange and black. so a more yellow/brown would be a nice change of pace :D

also, arnt most white tigers the result of inbreeding?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
i voted mustard, since most tiger patterns (on anything) usually have orange and black. so a more yellow/brown would be a nice change of pace :D

also, arnt most white tigers the result of inbreeding?
I think the colour is caused by a recessive gene.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
just looked into it a little more, seems were both right. the 'orange gene' becomes recesive when tigers stay within genepools, tho it seems 'the zoo people' are beginning to outbreed them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I voted mustard, but only because White is impossible to paint, and Orange SM's get called Home Depot Marines on this side of the pond.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks very much! That website in particular has provided me with the way to paint the tigers.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I think the colour is caused by a recessive gene.
T'is true.

It's just a major co-incidence that ALOT of Siberian Tigers in Frosty Siberia, happen to have that recessive gene.

They're probably thinking; "up yours nature."

On topic; the Obvious choice is the Orange and Black, but i think you'd have to do it so perfectly to make it look nice.

If you did quite a Muddy orange, Combining the top 2 choices, with FEW black stripes, it wouldn't look cheesy, but effective.

Great idea though!

EDIT: Fucking hell, that Tiger codex, is a whole new level, or awesome...

I love Tigers... That is... wow.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have recently undertaken the decision to create a vanilla marine chapter that is focused on tigers. I have come up with a draft army list and started gathering the monies. The last question is to decide on colours of stripes. I have narrowed it down to the 3 choices above. I can answer questions about the chapter in later posts. Much thanks!
you should check this website out since this lady made a entire tiger space marine army http://www.fightingtigersofveda.com/index.htm

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
This guy here is a little bit loopy (very creative though), and his army probably has every variation on tiger stripes going, so you should be able to get some good visual cues from there.
Lol its kinda lame but very creative. The guy could have something if his painting skill was up to par.

Stephen id go with a traditional tiger stripe orange, black, and white. Try to get the head piece decerated like a lions head. Also dont mix and match like the the post did. Just one color. multi color armies are confusing and uncordinated.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was just gonna stick with orange and black. It seems the most popular. I have decided to model them on the fighting tigers but will not have any female marines (too much effort to convert since to make them GW legal I would have to use either escher or sister heads. And none of those are fun to convert with at the moment).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts