Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Executioner

Votes: 14 32.6%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Single as that really. I know that some are verey mush situationl like the punisher being unable to deal with tanks almost at all but try to vote for what you personaly think is the best.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how so? I would have said eaither the Battle Tank, Exectuioner or the Demonlisher

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
I'm not gonna vote which is best full stop, because thats not even possible at all in the slightest since there all the best at what they do individually against different targets, after all a eradicator is better against light armoured troops in cover than any other russ, a punisher is best against 2+ models at longer ranges.

Leman russ Annihilator, twin-las, las hull and ace gunners or pask makes me drool.

but since its not there, I vote Vanquisher, with co-axial heavy stubber and ace gunners or pask, re-rolling hits and more important a nice tiger looking gun.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Executioner ftw
Plasma = win
Plus theres pretty much nothing one can't take out except tank spam.
Infantry are melted into little puddles of blue whether they like it or not, It has the capacity to take out one or two tanks on its own if used right and backed up properly its possibilties are endless.

You just can't beat Huge Plasma Guns on anything

SGMAlice

·
Registered
488 Posts
There's no "best", but my favorite is the Executioner. With Plasma Cannon sponsons. BOOM! Boom! BOOM! Boom! BOOM!, and a Terminator squad is vaporized.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'd have to go with the 'ol vanilla russ in this one, its the most versatile, being able to deal with most MEQ's of all kinds, hordes, and even light to medium tanks in a pinch. Add that with its long range and having the cheapest starting price tag (along with the Exterminator) it's truly the veritable workhorse of the Imperial Guard....which is why my Orks try to loot 'em all.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I thought this was a vote on the model kit itself originally and would have voted for the older hull. I guess the standard battlecannon-armed Russ is the best all-rounder but I'm afraid I'll have to vote for the Eradicator. Depleted Uranium? Hell Yeah! Anything that is used in ship combat by mile long space ships is good enough for a tank. Although I would have voted Atlas as it utilises the chassis but since its not an option, Battlecannon it is.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
I agree with the Battle Tank Variant, unless you play IA rules, in which case it's the Vanquisher Variant.

The Vanquisher in IA can fire both the standard ammunition as well as it's Tank Killer ammunition. However for standard tanks, the Battle Tank does it. It can take on Hordes, MEQ's, effectively, and Medium Armoured Vehicles all in one tidy package with it's main guns, leaving it's hull and sponsons capable of taking on whatever you feel the rest of your army is lacking.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Executioner

Would you like a giant ass plasma cannon?

yes fucking please xD

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
The Vanquisher in IA can fire both the standard ammunition as well as it's Tank Killer ammunition.
edit: actually no your right after reading the IA updates telling you to refer to page 46 your right, IA vanquishers can fire both HE and AT rounds, ALL HAIL FW!!!

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
edit: actually no your right after reading the IA updates telling you to refer to page 46 your right, IA vanquishers can fire both HE and AT rounds, ALL HAIL FW!!!
Wait, where does it say they can still fire both types of ammo? In the rules update it just say it has a Vanquisher Battle Cannon which is the same as the IG codex one because the 1st page of the rules update says "Please refer to the Imperial Guard codex for other pertinant special rules and weapon profiles used here."

Don't get me wrong I'd love it if this were true, I just think the rules update nerfed it too. Especial as it's the same points as the Codex one. The one good thing is you can get a Co-axial Hvy Stubber and get a re-roll to hit with the main gun. :victory:

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Wait, where does it say they can still fire both types of ammo? In the rules update it just say it has a Vanquisher Battle Cannon which is the same as the IG codex one because the 1st page of the rules update says "Please refer to the Imperial Guard codex for other pertinant special rules and weapon profiles used here."

Don't get me wrong I'd love it if this were true, I just think the rules update nerfed it too. Especial as it's the same points as the Codex one. The one good thing is you can get a Co-axial Hvy Stubber and get a re-roll to hit with the main gun. :victory:
This is how I and my Group play it...they've all been brought into line with the IG Codex, points/stats profiles etc.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts

Please refer to the Imperial
Guard codex for other pertinant special rules and weapon profiles used here.
yep your right, so the vanquisher is still rather crap compared to how she used to be.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The best setup I've seen is a regular Battle cannon with plasma cannon sponsons. It can dish out a world of hurt, isn't too expensive, and can cause instant death in units with T4 or lower.

Trust me, these things will kill Orks, Nids, and MEQ deader than dead.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts