Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I really like the GW, in particular for the handle/grip. I have some hand problems though so the thicker handle is the selling point. I found some others (although neither you mention) to be a bit fiddly to use.

Others may be able to comment on quality and reasons for the others, but I have not found anything wrong with the GW one.

·
Super Moderator
2,998 Posts
I use the extendible blade craft knives you get in £ shops in packs of like 10. It's all I've ever used and they've never failed me!

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
I use a FISKARS-Fingertip Control Retractable Craft Knife...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Xacto brand handles (about 5 different ones on various thicknesses) and the variety pack of blades. Eventually you figure out what blades you use the most of and just buy those specific ones.

This is the exact kit I have. The two knifes on the bottom are two different sizes. The smaller one is great for detail work while the larger and red handled one are great for when you need to put muscle behind it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00004Z2UB

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Xacto brand handles (about 5 different ones on various thicknesses) and the variety pack of blades. Eventually you figure out what blades you use the most of and just buy those specific ones.

This is the exact kit I have. The two knifes on the bottom are two different sizes. The smaller one is great for detail work while the larger and red handled one are great for when you need to put muscle behind it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00004Z2UB

This is the same kit that I use as well and has worked great with all the different blades.

·
Registered
616 Posts
What Morfang and Djinn said. I grabbed the exact same kit when I was in the states a few years back (+1 extra handle and +100 blades). That was 2-3 years ago now. There is only one problem with them- I haven't seen them anywhere in mainland Europe....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts