Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plasma Cannons, TL HBs and TL Autocannons now.... I have these arms converted and are now useless with the release of the new codex. I hate when they do crap like that, that ruined one of my favorite Dreadnoughts to use too (plasma cannon).

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Dark Angels and Blood Angels dreadnoughts can use those weapons, as can Space Wolf dreadnoughts. The only ones that can't are Black Templar and Codex Space Marine dreadnoughts. That being said, you can use whatever you like in Apocalypse, so you should feel free to use the plasma cannon arm in those games.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Or get your hands on a copy of IA2 most of the dreadnought variants are in there, with the exception of the siege dreadnought I think.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vens can force a reroll on a pen hit IIRC, but I do not htink I am right. I know they can force a reroll of some type.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also make sure you can swap your weapons (magnets are nice) because the assault cannon is GREAT againt infantry armies.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Grey Knight Dreads are also allowed to use those weapons as well as a special Psycannon one (bad points cost tho.. really sucks if you ask me)

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Always accept the re-roll. Its the universal rule as far as re-rolls go for everything from Master Crafting, Twin Linking, Chaos Glory....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I guess I can fix my Plasma Cannon up as a Greyknight dread seeing they are my backup army. I will just have to retire my other verts.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Technically, if you have them, and you have a copy of IA2, you can still use em regardless of what chapter your playing as, except for Furiosos (unless your BA) and Mortis' (unless your DA)

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
any of you seen dred with multi melta? I haven't they are terrible

·
Registered
517 Posts
Technically, if you have them, and you have a copy of IA2, you can still use em regardless of what chapter your playing as, except for Furiosos (unless your BA) and Mortis' (unless your DA)
Just as a side note:

As far as I can read out of the DA codex, the Mortis variant Dreadnought doesn't exist anymore.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts