Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received all 4 assassins in the mail and want to test them out as soon as possible. I also have a tournament the end of February and don't want to waste too much time working on lists, rather working on tactics. If you were to include an assassin that was well rounded, which one would you choose and why? I know the Culexus can tear through psykers but is he worth it? Looking forward to opinions and reasoning.

Thanks!

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
The Callidus is a good choice if you have no idea what you're fighting, the Culexus is hands-down the best if you can get him a Drop Pod, great if your opponent has psykers, and somewhat poor if your enemy has no psykers and you footslog him (and a downright disadvantage if you rely on psykers!). The Vindicare is a somewhat niche choice, but I like him for removing annoying special weapons, squad leaders (a job at which he is now lethally reliable with BS8, Poison 2+ AP2, Ignores Cover and -2 to Look Out Sir) and support models like Icon Bearers, Simulacrums Imperialis etc. The Eversor is, unfortunately, pretty crap.

I'd say the Callidus is the best, but there are legs to the Vindicare and if you have a Drop Pod then the Culexus can totally shut down some entire army builds.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I love my Callidus and Vindicare assassins. Callidus when you want to throw a monkey wrench into your enemy's deployment to distract from other facets of your army and the Vindicator when you're missing out on some long range anti armour.

·
Registered
971 Posts
i like the vindicare. he's great at popping things like sergeants, special/heavy weapons and artillery units. i've also had success with taking out tanks with the turbo penetrator which always fun, especially with the resulting look of disbelief on your oppo's face when you one-shot the manticore his offensive strategy was built on ^_^

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Invisibility is one of the most powerful single sections of the game right now, and I would guess that most tourneys are going to have at least one or two people trying to go for it. The Culexus becomes a priority target folks are going to target at BS and WS 1...

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Do have to take One?as mossy said invsi death stars will be a pain, but you need a lot of psykers to reliable pull that off, hence the Culexus is a good bet. but the anti armor and long range hitting power of the Vindicator is also something to consider, so why not both?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts