• Tyranids

Votes: 13 36.1%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which army should I start?

I'm going to start my second army in a few days by buying a battleforce, the most cost-effective HQ for that army, and the army's codex. I've got it narrowed down to four. Which should I choose?

(in case anyone is wondering, my first army was marines and I have the Battle for Macragge nids)

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
The bugs are the most unlike your current army, will give you enjoyment in different aspects of the game than your current army, and will likely be better prepared for the next edition of the game than the other choices you selected.

Besides, every good Marine loves to have bugs to squish. Why else have those heavy boots?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Khorne, Khorne, Khorne!!!I love beating nids with em cause he tries to Overwhelm My Lord with a Bloodfeeder and Juggernaught but he kills most of em with his between 8-18 attacks at str5 Power weapon to. Then My Daemon prince minces their Independant Characters and My Greater Daemon takes out the Warriors and My zerkers well... they just clean the mess left Behind.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In case I do end up choosing Khorne, can I still take a sorceror and if so is there any reason in the fluff why a khorne army would have one?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Yes... in the new dex, a Khornate Themed army need not restrict itself to the point that Sorcerers are not permitted. Go for it.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I also would say go for a Khorne themed chaos army. They just look too bad ass to not do an army. Go for it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes... in the new dex, a Khornate Themed army need not restrict itself to the point that Sorcerers are not permitted. Go for it.
What about fluff-wise? I know Khorne hates sorcerors in the fluff. Can I use a sorceror to represent some kind of Khornate priest or something?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
That would be a very nice twist.

Keep in mind that the 'fluff' for Khorne is changing a bit. Khorne is the Chaos Patron of Martial Prowess. While he does favor that highly, he does understand that one never refuses opportunities, and psychic powers are just that. The idea of the maniac battle crazy insane psycho dude is dying. The term 'Sorcerers' is figurative, so don't put too much into it. Priests, Battle Priests, Battle Electors, whatever, would make a good change for a Khornate army.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok guys, I'm going to make my choice in less than a day, so please make any last minute votes.

·
Registered
800 Posts
khorne. chaos ftw

·
Registered
66 Posts
i say tzeentch, cause their looks and their new rules are just awsome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tyranids..... they are SOOOOO much fun to play with.... just look at the opponents face when you field 120+ gaunts. They don't even have enough shots to take you out!!! Just watch those cheap shots against your synapse......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts