Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now this thought just hit me and some I don't have all the codexes I turn to you. This is how we are going to do this in order to compare.

First make a list of everything in your codex with a mastery level. If in squads take the minimum size that generates a warp charge. If an upgrade take the minimum squad that is necesary to take the upgrade. Then dividera the total points with the total warp charges +1 (shitty dicerolling). Post your calculation with the total points, charges and your result and I will edit them into a list.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reminder and I'll start with Eldar as an example.

Eldrad
Farseer
Spiritseer
Warlock
Harlequins with Shadowseer upgrade
Hemlock wraithfighter

715 points divided with 12+1 charge gives 55 points per Warp charge.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If I got the idea right, this is the one for Nids: all point cost for all different psyker unit 825 and in total ML 9, giving a ratio of 91,666 for one ML. (Dunno why we need +1 since it is a variable with no real effect, but it comes to 82,5 per ML)
Units involved: Hive Tyrant, Swarmlord, Tervigon, Broodlord + min. num. of Genestealers and Zoanthrope

Also Militarum Tempestus: 0 points - 0 ML, they handle the situation in an effective way: hot-shot lasgun = new hole in a psyker:grin:

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Chaos Daemons

Kairos ML 4
The Changeling ML 1
lord of Change ML 3
GUO ML 3
Keeper of Secrets ML 3
Ku Ghat ML 1
Herald of Tzeentch ML 3
16 Pink Horrors
Total 1629 pts
Points per charge= 77.57 / 74.05 if you consider the minimum 1 extra charge from dice roll
Not bad at all

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Ach i forgot the greater daemons...the others ML only as advancement
Edited. I kept outside those creatures that natively have no ML while i maxed out those that are natively psions and can increale mastery level.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Would be interested to see how Grey Knights (spamming, say, Psychic Pilot Rhinos and sanctioned psyker Henchmen) would map out on this...

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Listing everything with a Warp Charge in the GK book doesn't exactly work, since that's everything in the army. As such, here's the cheapest as an army-wide total:

Coteaz
32x 2 Warrior Acolytes and Psyker in Rhino

2000pts, 66 Warp Charge per turn. I think it's the best you can get.

As for units, Henchmen are 58pts for 2 Warp Charge points, which is pretty good going.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Why even bother with the rhino, just have 2X Warrior Acolytes and a psyker at less than 20pts a group with 1 WC...

If you just want the most bang for your buck I think it was Tzeentch Heralds who at less than 100pts can be LV3 and during the game make more psykers if you want :)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Listing everything with a Warp Charge in the GK book doesn't exactly work, since that's everything in the army. As such, here's the cheapest as an army-wide total:

Coteaz

32x 2 Warrior Acolytes and Psyker in Rhino

2000pts, 66 Warp Charge per turn. I think it's the best you can get.

As for units, Henchmen are 58pts for 2 Warp Charge points, which is pretty good going.

Please follow the examples above. One squad or model only of each that has a mastery level. Does a squad of purifiers of 5 have 1 or 5 in ML? This is not the best you could get but the average Warp charge point cost.

We could have another thread going to see which Unbound army could get most WC off at 1000 points.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Please follow the examples above. One squad or model only of each that has a mastery level. Does a squad of purifiers of 5 have 1 or 5 in ML? This is not the best you could get but the average Warp charge point cost.

We could have another thread going to see which Unbound army could get most WC off at 1000 points.
Okay...

Why is it at all relevant, might I ask?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Honestly I don't see how you can do this list without breaking the rules of itemized point costs Moriouce.

But how did I break it in the eldar example? It is a total point of all models, and Warp Charge as it is ain't an item in any codex?

And relevans is off little importance when you are curious. As I said, this thought just hit me and even I don't see any game benefits from it.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
@scscofield i can't see how this is braking forum rules. We are writing a list of models and then summing up their points without explicitly listing them. See previous posts.
How can this:

Chaos Lord
Abaddon
10 Chaos Marines
Total:465 pts

be itemitezed point cost???
If this is against the rules then, please, burn the list section. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.