Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Eldar has been the only army thats been able to completely destroy me in 3 turns.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its a toss up between orks (the new rules terrify me) and Blood angels.
Probably the blood angels. Its like facing my own army, and yet being massively overpowered equiptment wise. Damn space marines...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Tyranids. For some reason I generally have a hard time defeating the bastards, whether I'm using my Dark Angels or my Tau, I have bad luck against 'Nids.

Necrons. I have only played them once, and it was a loss my Dark Angels shall not forget, ever.

Eldar. I come up against Eldar quite often, a good Eldar player is to be feared and respected.

A poor Eldar player generally cries while his pretty fairies are blown apart.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Without a doubt, Necrons are my most feared army. No matter how many I drop each and every turn, they keep on standing back up. The other army I hate going up against is an Armored Company, since my lists usually have much more anti troop than anti armor. It's pretty disheartening to see that 50% of your points don't even have weapons that can touch more than rear armor.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Mine has to be Necrons. Not really that I am scared or anything, but I know it is going to be grinding frustrating game with all the wbb they have. Plus its even worse if there is a monolith as WH have no decent way of taking that thing out without relying on luck.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Really depends on what I'm using:

Orks: Tau and Eldar are the obvious ones, as they can unload one helluva load of shots into my Boyz in the first turn, and I can't get many bonuses from cover as I lead large mobs of 30. Also, my army is comprised of footsloggers, and although I have enough Boyz to soak up firepower when need be, my only Fast moving units are a Biker Boss and his retinue of six bikers to keep him alive.

Nurgle: Dark Eldar and any army which can employ Lightning Claw termies. Lightning Claws, Dark Lances and Agonisers can make life painful, Instant Killing my expensive troops and ignoring FNP and thier high toughness.

Eldar: Horde armies of any kind.

psychomidget99

·
Registered
77 Posts
tyranids and necrons:

tyranids never stop they just keep comin especially with apocalypse

necrons can just fight non-stop thanks to their lords ressurection orbs and advancd tech which is well beyond the imperium

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
i would say Tau.

and orks can match me with number of models on the table and they can fight better then my nids

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Dark Eldar, just because i have not played against them much, and interestingly I always have a hard time against a pure Sisters army. Those vows can a pain in the right hands.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My Orks actually fear other Orks the most, as they are Green and proppa fightaz. Interestingly enough I have never played this match-up, but its my greatest fantasy. That would be one hell of a bloody battle, with melee in spades!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
If I'm using my Flesh Tearers, I'm fearless. I know for a fact that there's almost nothing in the game that can stand up to what I throw at my opponents in hand to hand. The problem, as ever, is getting there in one piece.

With my Tau however, I'm most scared of Necrons because they're generally the hardest army for any Tau force to defeat. The Tau have very few weapons capable of taking out Necrons with anything approaching ease that aren't super expensive and hard to find. Gah! Boo Necrons!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mech Tau with all the bells and ribbons. Tanks that can move, fire all their weapons at different targets (!) at bs4, only ever take glancing hits and can markerlight you to ribbons so everything that wouldn't kill you anyway does. Oh, and if you bought armour, forget about it. Thats a challenge.

·
Registered
118 Posts
definitly eldar 'cus i got ripped apart by vibro cannons :(
also ill be scared of fighting a simular SM army as mine incase it became a deadlock n jus came down to lucky rolls instead of careful planning and positioning.
and those necrons!!!:angry: always coming back to life!!:ireful2:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll have to say mine is Dark eldar!

first time i played em, he had 4 raiders with wytchs in, too many dark lances to count, and two ravagers.
I got my butt handed to me.

And web way portals, i know there easy to remove with concentrated fire power and carefull positioning. But if they pull em off, they can be scary.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts