Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Sounds good, almost makes me want to start collecting an army when 8th comes out. I won't though, as I'm really busy with 40k, maybe down the track though.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Meh, lot of words that don't really mean very much. Although the part where you can't rely on wizards anymore is interesting and I think it's a shame that fantasy has lost the focus on tactical maneuvers.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I agree with Karl Franz, that was 3:39 of pure waffle. He did not say ANYTHING that was concrete. The title of the video said "Rules Commentary" and I thought when I watched it I'd get something like the in-depth look at the rule changes of 40k 5th edition that was in White Dwarf: a bit of waffle, but then a solid example to back up the waffle. For example, they say the same thing about 5th edition in the White Dwarf, that it's about making you feel like you're in the battle yourself, not just watching from an almost passive state. And then they trot out their main example of how you're getting into the battle: real line of sight, meaning for some of your shots you're getting down to a model's eye view to see if you can see the target, making you become more aware of the limits to shooting a real battlefield might pose. This "Rules Commentary"? Didn't tell me anything at all. You could almost literally paste the same dialogue over a video celebrating the creation of 5th edition, and it would still be equally correct - and equally pointless.

·
Registered
548 Posts
...The title of the video said "Rules Commentary" and I thought when I watched it I'd get something like the in-depth look at the rule changes of 40k 5th edition that was in White Dwarf...
to be fair to JJ though, the title does say "commentary", which implies that the video would be more waffle-based, as opposed to a rules "analysis", or "description" video.

in those terms, JJ does deliver his impressions of the rules, and the effects the changes have on the game - the terrain effects, for example, sound pretty cool [all that "bringing the world to life" type bollocks :grin:].

however, i too would have rather seen something more insightful and concrete [or even confirmation of what's going in the starter box!]. but i could get that by having a browse of a GW store copy.

also, JJ gets +rep for use of a beard to distract from a receding hairline. for shame, sir, should have gone for the "Picard" look! :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts