Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
That sir is a good question.

My guess is that it was either preserved on the Emperors Pride or destroyed by now. I don't think the EC would care that much about a painting to attempt to preserve it otherwise I honestly say that it could be anywhere by now.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It sits in a long forgotten hallway on a distant world. It bears an image of fulgrim aging, which decays each year. Were Fulgrim himself to look upon it, he would be reduced to ash and dust, but the portrait would be restored to its original glory.

EDIT: Oh wait. That was Dorian Grey...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sorry. I had to. I would figure by now though, that any mere painting of Fulgrim would simply disdain him for not having enough art to it. He'd probably have to have clones made by Fabius Bile in order to be satisfied... Of course, he's also a demigod daemonprince right now, so maybe he's too busy with other aspects of perfection to worship himself with clones, eh?

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
To be honest I would have thought that fulgrim would have hung on to that. He probably has it up on the wall at home.

·
is going to DISNEY LAND
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can just see a grotesque daemon prince sitting in a house with yellow wallpaper in a bathrobe and slippers, with a cup of tea and an uncompleted jugsaw puzzle. On the wall, the tortured portrait of fulgrim prepetually screaming in agony right next to the "home sweet home" wall hanging.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Bal,
It would have been much better if you would have waited to see if someone actually believed you.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes. I suppose it would have been. But I didn't want to get hit with the banhammer for such a corny, erm, i mean Khorny joke. [ducks as banhammer swings]

Though it's strange. Fulgrim's the only primarch that invokes the thought of Dorian Grey in my mind. Perhaps it's 'cause of Grey's arrogance in his portrayal in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, that I see such similarity.

Oh, btw, Khorneflake. Is this picturesque daemonprince sipping on Earl Grey, or Darjeeling?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Remember fulgrim isn't a deamon prince, he was possessed by the deamon of the lear sword, the deamon is still masquareding as fulgrim, but the real fulgrim is trapped, screaming in constant agony, inside his head.

I think the portrait must be lost, the EC's don't really care for that sort of stuff anymore, they have fallen, completely.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
There are actually dozens of portraits of Fulgrim, each one an effort to restore his soul, but only the original has that power. Its true location is known only to the possessed primarch himself, and he will not reveal that knowledge.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Remember fulgrim isn't a deamon prince, he was possessed by the deamon of the lear sword, the deamon is still masquareding as fulgrim, but the real fulgrim is trapped, screaming in constant agony, inside his head.
Said daemon got promoted. He's possessed that body so long, and twisted and distorted it so much, it can no longer meaningfully be termed "Fulgrim's body". Indeed, I doubt there's any power in the material universe capable of exorcising the daemon, let alone restore Fulgrim's body and mind even if exorcism were possible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.