Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all the IG guys out there - if you use a psyker, where do you put him? I only recently started using one, andI had been putting mine in a veteran squad hidden in cover near the artillery I had him buffing, but am not convinced that's the best option as it ends up being a bunch of points for extra wounds that otherwise don't seem to do anything. I usually put a commissar with infantry blobs, so the "it's for your own good" rule suggests that's a bad location. You can't use non-witchfire powers from inside a transport, and I generally keep command squads in chimerae both for survivability and so that the unit getting orders only has to be within 12" of the vehicle, not the officer himself. I have considered running a squad of bullgryns to counter attack the ork hordes that invariably overrun my position and putting a priest and psyker in there, but I rarely see ogryn/bullgryn on lists online and suspect there is a good reason for that.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
First and foremost, all my Primaris Psykers have Force Axes. I have been known to play mine in Chimeras with Veteran squads casting Pyromancy, but I've also used Divination in that instance which has helped greatly for when the squad invariably disembarks/is forced out of a wrecked vehicle. Aside from that, I use one with Divination in my 30 man blob when I'm not allying in an Inquisitor but don't use Commissars ever.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Operating as I do in a marine-free zone, the +2 S of a force stave appears more useful to me than an unwieldy +1S and AP2, but I can see where in an all-comers environment the axe might be the better choice.

How do you find blobs work without commissars? Possibly this is less of an issue with some armies, but facing orks as often as I do I am accumstomed to outrageously lopsided combat results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts