Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently at a GW independent stockist in Melbourne, just browsing the shelves ang looking for some Inquisitorial troops to ally to my imperial gaurd.

To my delight, I found myself a box of Stormtroopers, the ones in the Daemonhunters range.

After purchasing them, I thought to myself: "I had better take a gander in the Witch Hunters Codex, to see what other units I could ally, such as Inquisitors, Battle Sisters etc".

After :search:searching:search: the store, I was unable to find it. This prompts me to ask,
Does anyones LGS or GW stock the Witch Hunters Codex, or are they being removed for any particular reason?

Cheers

Amoeba Bait

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
are they being removed for any particular reason?
Well, I do believe they are in the process of making an all new codex and models.

It's available as a free download on GWs website.
Yup, just need to be registered with the GW website.
Go to the 40k section, select "Armies" from the drop down menu. Select "Daemon Hunters" / "Witch Hunters" and then go to the "Articles" section. You will see the pdf's for free download. Enjoy.

Mind you, the downloads come without the rules for using allies...

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
it is likely that either the allies rules will be removed entirely, with the allied units being organic to the inquisitorial list, or the inquisitorial list will become an adjunct to other imperial lists like they were in 2e- beginning of 3e. This is, purely speculation on my part, from what I have seen.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Why are you taking inquisitorial storm troopers? Do they cost less than the guard ones (points wise)? From what I have seen, they aren't that great compared to the ones in the Guard codex, and they won't be until the new Witch Hunters/ Daemon Hunters codex comes out.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
To clarify - DH and WH models started dissapearing in February this year. Both codices followed soon after.

The rumour is that Daemonhunters will be replaced by Codex: Grey Knights around February 2011 and Witch hunters will be replaced by Codex: Something late 2011 or early 2012.

The current codices available for download do not contian the allies rules or hobby section.
Legend has it that there will be an Inquisition codex or suppliment some time, no-one knows when or what form it will take.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
If you're talking about WH/SoB - late '11 or early '12 seems to be where the smart money is.

The most reliable romourmongers reckon that Necrons, some kind of Space Marine and maybe Tau are in the queue before Sisters. Though obviously nothing is ceertain at this point.

The portents make it look a bit like this:

November 2010: Dark Eldar
February 2011: Grey Knights
Summer 2011: Necrons
Autumn 2011: Some kind of Space Marine (Probably Loyalist).
Winter 2011: Tau or Sisters
Spring 2012: Sisters or Tau.

Obviously, the above is a best-case scenario - four codices in one year isn't something to bank on.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
If you're talking about WH/SoB - late '11 or early '12 seems to be where the smart money is.

The most reliable romourmongers reckon that Necrons, some kind of Space Marine and maybe Tau are in the queue before Sisters. Though obviously nothing is ceertain at this point.

The portents make it look a bit like this:

November 2010: Dark Eldar
February 2011: Grey Knights
Summer 2011: Necrons
Autumn 2011: Some kind of Space Marine (Probably Loyalist).
Winter 2011: Tau or Sisters
Spring 2012: Sisters or Tau.

Obviously, the above is a best-case scenario - four codices in one year isn't something to bank on.
Damn... I hoped that they would push out a new Codex: Black Templars, Grey Knights, Sisters, Tau, Necrons, Eldar this year (Yes, I dont give a shit about fantasy) and a new supplement (or two) would also have been nice...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Well, let's be fair - twelve months ago, GW did say that 2010 would be the year of Fantasy - and there was precious little sign of that for the first few months.

It's possible they'll make 2011 a 40k year.

Two months ago Stickmonkey (if you haven't heard of him, he's kind of a big deal) posted his best guess.

Stickmonkey said:
Nov/Q4 - DE
Jan/Q1 - GK (may be as late as March)
Late spring/Q2 - Necrons
Early Fall/Q3 - Witch hunters or Black Templar
Late Fall/Q4 - Tau
Early Spring/Q1 - Black Templar or Witch hunters
Late Spring/Summer/Q2 - 40k 6E
Early Fall/Q3 - 40k Box Set Eldar Vs ??? (plastic aspect warriors?)
Late Fall/Q4 - Eldar
Early Spring/Q1 - Dark Angels
Late Spring/Q2 - Chaos SM
Fall/Q3+ - vanilla SM
That was two months ago - we now know that DE are next and it grows more and more likely that GK will be February than January. And we're hearing more Space Marine (of some kind) rumours than Sisters rumours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts