Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading through another thread, I got to start thinking. The way THQ are going, the Blood Ravens must be close to extinct by now.
Lets review:
DOW - Tartarus campaign - Victorious but take massive losses (only get one initiate and he ends up with mutant hands)
Rahe's Paradise - Sustain massive losses and in the end only manage to blow up one of their recruiting worlds.
Dark Crusade - Victorious but again massive casualties
Soulstorm - Lose nearly five companies of an already under strength chapter
DOW2 - A bunch of their recruiting worlds get fucked over by the Nids
And now there's a civil war going coz a bunch of marines have fallen to chaos.
This means that, in all likelyhood, they can't have any more than 200 marines still loyal to the imperium, which makes me wonder, how long before there aren't any more Blood Ravens left? I mean, at the rate they're going, by the time DOW5 is out it'll only be Gabriel Angelos and that geriatric semi-retired father librarian charging into battle. So what do you guys think, do you think they'll get wiped out and replaced or will CS Goto write another book and miraculously conjure up some more marines? Or maybe they can finally find that bloody 'fated' fifth company they keep moaning about (though I wouldn't trust a company who's been lost in the warp for a while). Your thoughts on the subject?

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
I actually thought that after the game its only one company that they believe has been tainted so they are basically throwing away that company you've been playing with. Maybe its just a few squads. I don't really know as I played the corruption path:laugh:.

But I imagine that the history of the Blood Ravens will be revealed to sell GW through its gaming system. The route they have taken through the PC game industry requires them to reveal a lot more as it has different fans compared to your traditional player or fluff collector.

As a consequence, I bet the next takes on the Blood Ravens will be the redemption of the fallen company much like the adventures of Uriel in the Ultramarines Omnibus. But as I said before, I don't think the Blood Ravens as a whole at the verge of extinction. Damn! I wish I hadn't gone the corrupted path, it had a stupid ending where I get pwned in the face by Captain Angelos. That way I could have actually found out what the heck is really happening with them.

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
The Blood ravens will be fine because unlike the long slow process used by other chapters the Blood Raves just build special boxes that make marines on a production line.
I'm suprised none of the other chapters thought of it really.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Damn! I wish I hadn't gone the corrupted path, it had a stupid ending where I get pwned in the face by Captain Angelos. That way I could have actually found out what the heck is really happening with them.
Pft, then you weren't fully corrupted.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER:

You actually join the Black Legion with your company if you achieve full corruption. Also, the entirity of the Blood Ravens are now considered heretics because of the Chapter Master. Retr][bution is obviously going to restore their honor in the face of the Inquisition.

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
The Blood ravens will be fine because unlike the long slow process used by other chapters the Blood Raves just build special boxes that make marines on a production line.
I'm suprised none of the other chapters thought of it really.
So that's why Carron is after their metal boxes...

·
Registered
191 Posts
their are extended periods between each game man just thought you know?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
their are extended periods between each game man just thought you know?
Yeah, but it also takes a really long time to rebuild a chapter's ranks. I mean, how long did it take the UM to get back to full strength after the 1st Tyrannic War. Also, the gaps between some of the games aren't that long. It's also gonna be really hard to recruit with Gabriel Angelos declaring exterminatus on everything (by now people must really start shitting themselves when they hear he's approaching their planet).

As for Retribution, sure they might get their honour restored but at what cost. The inquisition is notoriously heavy-handed when they do a purge which means that, after all the dust is settled, there'll probably be very few survivors. Also, they'd probably kill anyone who they believe has even the slightest taint of chaos, which if you're ordo hereticus is pretty much everyone. Not to mention that the leader of the 'loyalists', Gabriel Angelos, is already held in great suspicion by the inquisition.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah but i was just saying the have alot more troops then gw said they had at first.

Then each eventother then winter assult which was not even a year after the tartus campaign and then dark crusade acutally not a but load alot not a crap ton then their soulstorm were it says their were heavy loses but when you play they establish a fortress monsotary.

So 4 more recruiting worlds so what you think then dow 2 it was initates which hurt the chapter but not alot and then gaberial has 2 companys on litany of fury then if your good you have imperial and then Apollo Diomedes.

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
yeah but i was just saying the have alot more troops then gw said they had at first then each event other then winter assult which was not even a year after the tartus campaign and then dark crusade acutally not a but load alot not a crap ton then their soulstorm were it says their were heavy loses but when you play they establish a fortress monsotary and what not so 4 more recruiting worlds so what you think then dow 2 it was initates which hurt the chapter but not alot and then gaberial has 2 companys on litany of fury then if your good you have imperial and then Apollo Diomedes so yeah what
Please don't take this personally but that makes no sense at all. Any chance you could re-post it or edit the original so we have some idea what you're trying to say?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks Baron, now I can actually read what he said.

Yeah but i was just saying the have alot more troops then gw said they had at first.
Firstly, how can they have more troops than GW said. Other than the higher number of librarians, the Blood Ravens are a codex chapter and thus are a 1000 marines at full strength.

Then each eventother then winter assult which was not even a year after the tartus campaign and then dark crusade acutally not a but load alot not a crap ton then their soulstorm were it says their were heavy loses but when you play they establish a fortress monsotary.
Like I said, some of the games have really short time gaps in between them. Also, the Blood Ravens only get a fortress monastary and more recruiting worlds if they win (the main planet also gets some really stupid name like Borealum or some shit like that) and it's stated in DOW2 that they lost that campaign. That explains why there were so many losses and why it was considered such a failure. That actually makes me think that Boreale must have been mentally retarded coz' you really have to be a fuckup to have 500 marines at your back (more than any of the other BR commander had in any of the other games) and not only lose, but manage to get most of them killed. Half a chapter should have steamrolled through the opposition in Kaurava.

So 4 more recruiting worlds so what you think then dow 2 it was initates which hurt the chapter but not alot and then gaberial has 2 companys on litany of fury then if your good you have imperial and then Apollo Diomedes.
Still not entirely sure what all this means but I assume that you're talking about remaining loyal in Chaos Rising and then getting support from Angelos and convincing Diomedes that something is a miss. Though if you could explain what you meant about the initiates I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
AH THE COWARDS! THE FOOLS!
Could your username be any further away on the spectrum than mine? Hahahah.

Also;

SPESS MEHREENS STEEL REIHN.

Back to the important conversation, hopefully soon.

·
Registered
488 Posts

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Sadly, that still makes more sense than his original post.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts