Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what order where they found in? and what happened to the 2 primarches and there legions deleted from imperial records?

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
There has been a thread on this already. You may want to use the search engine for more information. But as far as order, nothing is certain, as only three primarchs and their specific order has been revealed. It goes first Horus Lupercal, seventh Rogal Dorn, and the last/20th primarch to be found was Alpharius. Thats really all that has been revealed.

As to the whereabouts of the two missing legion, even less is known. It seems that during the heresy, those two were pretty much shunned and excommunicated following some unknown action during the Great Crusade. Their statues had drapes over them in the Emperor's Palace. As well, Rogal Dorn has some hope that perhaps they may come to his aid.
One of the most interesting discussions in the Heresy about the two missing primarchs was Rogal Dorn and Malcadors discussion in the Lightning Tower. As so Rogal Dorn narrates, that Malcador offered to the Emperor that he get rid of the lost legions statues, and the emperor was suggested to laugh instead. Goes to show that the outlook to how the Emperor and the astartes (at least the ones that have talked about them so far) view the lost legions comparred to Malcador.

Another source that kind of had an interesting take with the lost legions was Horus' "coma dream" right before turning traitor, he see the tubes in which the primarchs are created in, walks up to the 11th tube and thinks to himself "what untapped glories that lay within, knowing they would never come to pass." Indeed whatever happened to them is always referred to as "tragic."

·
Registered
488 Posts
One thing that's been bothering me for a long time:
Alpharius was the last to be found. Was he the 18th, 19th or the 20th primarch found?
I always thought the two legions remained without a primarch, but this sort of clashes with the "those two are for homebrew legions" idea.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yeah, I know he was found last. I am wondering if there were 18 or 19 or 20 found total.
Every legion founded with a primarch was a stand-alone legion before their primarch was found, so there's nothing that I know of that specifically states the "lost" two were found at all.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Yes, the two 'lost' Primarchs were discovered by the Emperor and fought in the Great Crusade.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yes, the two 'lost' Primarchs were discovered by the Emperor and fought in the Great Crusade.
They did? As far as I know, Horus had nine legions with him, and it was said that he had exactly half of them. And before the Heresy, the temple on Terra had a statue for each of the Primarchs, except for II and XI, who were lost. They were either lost again, recently, or they have never been found.
I don't know about II, but I always thought XI was shown as failed in one of the Horus Heresy books, with the incubation pod being damaged.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
They did?
They did. :) In countless sources it states that all twenty Primarchs were discovered and fought in the Great Crusade. Perhaps even in the Heresy as far as we know.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
They did? As far as I know, Horus had nine legions with him, and it was said that he had exactly half of them. And before the Heresy, the temple on Terra had a statue for each of the Primarchs, except for II and XI, who were lost. They were either lost again, recently, or they have never been found.
I don't know about II, but I always thought XI was shown as failed in one of the Horus Heresy books, with the incubation pod being damaged.
We have a personal account of Dorn saying the two statues are still up there in Lightning Tower.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
This also proving that they weren't there for the heresy however
Not at all. Their 'seperate tragedies' may have occured before the Heresy but that doesn't rule them out of being involved in it to any degree (unless of course they were entirely wiped out).

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Well they had already been deleted from records by the sounds of it and evryone was forbidden about talking about them. sounds like they were gone before the heresy

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think that due to the idea that the Heresy was somewhat remembered, I believe that would mean the Inquisition would have a hard time destroying every single record. You would have to keep in mind there are probably still remberancers, historians, and other legions that would keep records of the lost legions getting involved.

Unless... they were part of the heresy in a Alpha Legion kind of way... behind the scenes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Both statues of the 2 & 11 Primarchs had been removed, with the traitors being covered. The way Dorn seems to say it their 'seperate tragedies' happened before the Heresy. Hence questioning if they were warnings.

Well that's the way I understood it to 'read'.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Both statues of the 2 & 11 Primarchs had been removed, with the traitors being covered. The way Dorn seems to say it their 'seperate tragedies' happened before the Heresy. Hence questioning if they were warnings.

Well that's the way I understood it to 'read'.
But BL are never that straight forward in giving out info. They always lead you down one path then bam, your going down the another road thinking how the hell did we get here.....

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Remember though that the remembrancer...programe we'll call it didn't really begin until the later stages of the Great Crusade, some expeditions such as the Death Guard didn't have any at all, so it's not a great stretch to imagine no remembrancers caught any of the deeds of the two lost legions, and to me further cements the fact that the tragedys occured long before the heresy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts