Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and a friend decided to use our whole armies at the weekend which related to around 7000pts per side. It was fun but messy and very slow. I would certainly do it again but there were lots of odd things about the game and stuff like first turn mattered so much more because we both had lots of long range and there were so many targets.

So when are 40k games too big? would you play a 10000pt a side battle? or is 3000 massive to you?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I once fielded by entire Four Winds of Chaos army in one battle. 6,000 points of Chaos :). Four FOC's in total :). Kind of cool game since I play quite fast with my blood frenzy rolls, difficult terrain rolls for the 1k Sons and such :). That game was against 6k points of Guard (mainly tanks :() but it was a good close game...

Amazingly my Khorne Lord managed to kill the most (we played until the very end of all the troops, whichever side was completely obliterated was the loser). In total, he ended up killing eight Sentinels, 7 Command Squads and a load of Guardsmen and accounted for a Chimera himself.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
10,000 points?

Yes, i'd do that. Seriously. That would be fun. IF i had time, which I don't. And I have never seen a board big enough.

Perhaps with different missions on different sections of the board?

Could be a huge SM Chapter vs Ork Waaagh! Battle. Sweetness.

The biggest battle i have played was a 5,000 points Tau/DE/Chaos against GK/SM/Eldar. Hehe.

·
Banned
801 Posts
The bigest game I ever played would have to be the final battle of a campaign I designed, the Battle of Fort Augusta. It was a narrative-style campaign and the winner had already been decided, but, as usual, I put a last game in there for fun. Every single Black Templar from two armies up against every single model in three Ork and one Chaos players' armies. We were in a wonderfully built Chapter Keep, with our forces, and two thousand points of armed fortifications, our six thousand points of Templars against nine thousand points of Orks led by two thousand five hundred points of Chaos. This, of course, was all worked out after the battle. The objective was for the Templars to have at least one man alive after twelve turns, which was, quite naturally, near impossible and had to be, given the Orks and Chaos had already won. We lasted eleven turns, and the last models left were my Emperor's Champion and High Marshal (Marshal with +1 wound) in combat with two Warbosses, six Nobs, fifty three Orks and a Chaos Dreadnought. Truly an epic scene, and the very incarnation of all that is Black Templars.

For those who want to know, the two had charged into combat five turns ago, out the front gate of the Keep, with a dozen Sword Brethren, into a Waboss and a huge Nob bodyguard, and between the two of them in that one combat racked up six hundred points of kills. For their sheer awesomeness, I built a copy of each, painteds them as bronze statues, and had them mounted on the gates of the Keep. Sure, it belonged to the shop, but the owner had come up with the idea in the first place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts