Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, ive been lookign for a specific date as to when the dusk raiders changed their name to death guard, however ive been unable to find one.
all i know is:
1) It was shortly after mortarion was found
2) it was sometime during the great crusade

can anyone shed some light on this?
thanks

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I highly doubt that a date has ever been mentioned in the background. In "After De'shea," we see that Angron named his War Hounds as the World Eaters immediately after taking command of them; it's possible that Mortarion did the same as he imposed his personal views and philosophies on his legion while taking up its reins.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I highly doubt that a date has ever been mentioned in the background. In "After De'shea," we see that Angron named his War Hounds as the World Eaters immediately after taking command of them; it's possible that Mortarion did the same as he imposed his personal views and philosophies on his legion while taking up its reins.
thats what im thinking, im wondering if fluff wise you could make a dusk raiders heresy (or just pre-heresy, say 50 years ish) army, using mk3 armour and possibly even mk IV

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
hi all, ive been lookign for a specific date as to when the dusk raiders changed their name to death guard, however ive been unable to find one.
Mentioned in The Horus Heresy- Betrayal.

Mortarion is found "more than eight decades" after the unification of Terra.

After Mortarion recovers from his injuries suffered on his homeworld and swears loyalty to the Emperor, he immediately gathered his sons and told them, "You are my unbroken blades, my Death Guard. By your hand shall justice be delivered, and doom shall stalk a thousand worlds."

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mentioned in The Horus Heresy- Betrayal.

Mortarion is found "more than eight decades" after the unification of Terra.

After Mortarion recovers from his injuries suffered on his homeworld and swears loyalty to the Emperor, he immediately gathered his sons and told them, "You are my unbroken blades, my Death Guard. By your hand shall justice be delivered, and doom shall stalk a thousand worlds."
so by that logic they became deathguard some time during the very late 30th millenium? does that sound correct?
around 30800's is what im thinking..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts