Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a random thought. Coulld or have any space marine chapters ever found each other of the batlefeild without knowing the other was there.(untill they saw eath other that is) If so, how did it go? what happend?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Not much.... Unless the two chapters were the FT/DA and the SW. If it was the FT there may be a fight and if it were the DA there would be a fight, not a big one though.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Rivalries are common enough among marine chapters. They are rarely anything beyond an argument and an isolated fist fight or two, though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There's also a story 'bout this in the SW codex, about their long standing rivalry with the Dark Angels :victory:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Answering the question, its pretty much imposible for two space Marine chapters to meet on the battlefeild without knowing that the other is there. I can't think of a single peice of fluff where this has happened, but since loyalist chapters would be native to the planet, or having arrived via battlebarges, scanners etc would have picked up the other chapter long before any sort of 'Hey, what are you guys doing here?' moment could happen.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I could see it happening if it was a small strike force of Raven Guard

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Answering the question, its pretty much imposible for two space Marine chapters to meet on the battlefeild without knowing that the other is there. I can't think of a single peice of fluff where this has happened, but since loyalist chapters would be native to the planet, or having arrived via battlebarges, scanners etc would have picked up the other chapter long before any sort of 'Hey, what are you guys doing here?' moment could happen.
Other than of course when the Raven Guard managed to do that very thing to the White Scars, in The Hunt for Voldorius
In Salamander they almost got into a destructive fire fight; both the Salamanders and some random other chapter. I could see lots of collisions. Especially since their are many cultural and ideology differences between the first founding chapters. Differences have probably become even more so in the second founding.
That would be the Marines Malevolent, the Salamanders have a rocky history with them. Tu'Shan even gave Captain Vinyar of the MM a beating during the Third War for Armageddon.

·
Registered
84 Posts
don't the raven gaurd tend to do it to most chapters though, i read an extract about some Ultramarines that where going to take out some tratiors about to fire when their targets all disappered from their scopes and then the raven gaurd just when "that was us, hello!"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts