Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're all [mostly] adults here on Heresy, so it would be no stretch of the imagination to say that we all enjoy a good glass of wine/pint of beer/shot/cocktail/etc.

But whats your favorite?

Is it a particular brand or type?

Conversely, what do you absolutely loathe?

Lets keep this to the alcohol side of things, and if your drink of preference is a cocktail or mix then recipe please (if you know it). Never know when someone else might give it a try and put it on their like list.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
I drink most things but if I had to make a list

1. Long Island Iced Tea
2. Italian Pinot Gris
3. German Pilseners

10 000. Australian Ales of any brand.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

If they ever make a Earl Grey Beer I'll drink it and cream my pants so hard my heart explodes.

Beerwise. It changes but ones that never get old:

Coopers Sparkling Ale
Le Trappe Golden
Mac's Gold

Been drinking quite a lot of The Sprig and Fern Brewery's "Tasman Reserve Lager". There are some fucking amazing Kiwi Breweries, the complete opposite of Wineries that I think are complete balls. Had a Tuatara Mosaic the other day, thats a nice beer!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

If they ever make a Earl Grey Beer I'll drink it and cream my pants so hard my heart explodes.
Pssttt.... Earl Grey IPA

Alternatively, theres one brewed by a company called Gilgamesh that's called Mamba... that put 6lb's of earl grey tea leaves into every 7 barrel batch.

Anyway.... Tea wise, defiantely Earl Grey. Or Tetleys for every day consumption.

Beer wise, Fosters.

Just because wise... Baileys.

That said I can drink anything.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
MOTHER OF GOD NOOOOOoooooo !!

Even we don't drink that rubbish any more. :biggrin:
I was talking to some Aussies who work at the Walkabout bar we have in town (Austrailian Theme pub), and they were telling me that the Fosters we brew over here is vastly superior to the down under version.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
and they were telling me that the Fosters we brew over here is vastly superior to the down under version.
That may well be correct but I'm pretty sure we don't actually brew it here at all anymore.

TBH probably the only thing in common between a Fosters in UK and one in Oz is the name. Like Coke each market gets it's own recipe.

Still Cat's Piss tho' :wink:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
That may well be correct but I'm pretty sure we don't actually brew it here at all anymore.

TBH probably the only thing in common between a Fosters in UK and one in Oz is the name. Like Coke each market gets it's own recipe.

Still Cat's Piss tho' :wink:

Still better then Budwieser... that stuff takes like warm piss even when its cold. Only good thing about them ever was the Budwieser frogs.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Caribou Lou
Ingredients

1 1/2 part151 proof rum
1 partMalibu® coconut rum
5 partpineapple juice

Thug Passion (alla 2Pac)
Ingredients

2 ozAlize® liqueur
2 ozChampagne

Galliano Root Beer
Ingredients

1/2 ozvodka
1/2 ozGalliano® herbal liqueur
1/2 ozlight cream
Coca-Cola®
1 1/2 ozwhipped cream

Irish Car Bomb
Beer Mug
Ingredients
1/2 oz. Irish Cream (Bailey's)
1/2 pint Stout (Guinness)
1/2 oz. Whiskey, Irish (Jameson)

Beer: Killian's Irish Red and Guiness

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good stuff:
Linie Aquavit
Guinness

Bad Stuff:
And many years ago I drank some USSR beer..or it was labeled beer.

A truly horrible experience....

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
No booze. Just Pabst Blue Ribbon. Keep me away from the Disaronno its sooooo good but I get sooooo bad.

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
Good: Guinness, Guinness Original, Guinness Extra Cold, Guinness Foreign Extra. Vodka (as long as its over 40%), Wild Turkey, Maker's Mark, Jim Beam, Old Granddad, Johnny Walker, J&B basically any good whisk(e)y that's not Bells or Teachers or Jack Daniels:puke:
Absinthe, Hendrick's Gin, Bombay Sapphire.

Bad: Jack Daniels, its just fucking wrong! Southern Comfort, Ouzo, Sambuca, dark rum,

Favourite drink would be between a White Russian (one shot Vodka, one shot Kahlua, top up with milk or cream) and an Old Fashioned (double whiskey of choice, sugar cube, bitters, maraschino cherry and lemon slice. Muddle lemon, cherry and sugar in glass, add bitters and whiskey and ice cubes, stir until the sugar dissolves).

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
My favourite drink, which you'll almost always find me drinking is Rum and Coke, with a good bit of ice and nice wedge of lime. Ideally it's Sailor Jerrys rum, my personal favourite, although Kraken Rum is also very good, but only seems to be available in bars and shops around the London area. Captain Morgans/Morgans spiced will do at a push, but they don't compare to Sailor Jerry or Kraken for me. Amaretto is really nice as well, on it's own or with coke to make that Dr. Pepper style taste, Disaronno seem to be the norm.

Long Island Iced Teas are good, but generally vary to rather massive degrees depending on where you are. Absinthe can always be good fun.

Quite like cider as well, good to chill outside with on a nice day or to start off the night.

Dislikes
Almost all largers, beers and ales really. I just never like the taste of them, the only times I really drink them is if they're the only thing going or I'm off snowboarding somewhere in Europe, as most resorts seem to be pretty big on them and they do seem to taste marginally better. Budweiser is probably the biggest disappointment in life, as growing up as a kid watching any America film or tv show, you always heard about Bud, but then it just turns out to be fucking horrendapig.

Wine is a no, I just don't see how anyone can like it, especially red or dry whites.

Sambuca and Tequila are my two big no no's, either of them will make me sick, almost without fail. Not a whisky fan either, but that's just the taste rather than illness.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts