Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to know your guys opinion on this . me and my friends have played games where if you put an ic in a squad of scouts they can all infiltrate. now this sounds wrong and cheap but the only person who does it is one of the youngest in our group and we let him since we always beat him anyways.

so whats your opinion on this?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Can't do it I think since the commander would be wearing power armour instead of scout armour which is practically impossible to keep silently (fluff wise)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Seems I'll be using my 100th post(check out that post to rep ratio lol) on a rule. Firstly this is a rules querry not a fluff one so fluff has no place in the discussion. You are correct though that an ic without the usr cannot join a squad and benefit from that usr thus the scout squad cannot infiltrate unless the ic is telion or has the usr. Now that that is done you really are not doing the kid any favors by letting him cheat. Tell him he can't and if he insists don't play him. If you make him play by the rules he will learn them thus getting better and it will be more fun for all.

RAWR CURSE YOU BARON THE NINJA!!!! And my slow typing:( my 100th post wasted

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the rulebook says no but by some random turn of events he had our flgs manager say he could but i dont care cause we always beat him. he puts logan grimnar in a space wolf scout squad and infiltrates him. it gets tireing hearing him say how great logan and the space wolves are but my tau destroy him. he doesnt even have a codex and lies about his rules but we catch him. once he brought 1500pts to a 1000 pt game and my friend who didnt cheat almost beat him too.

sorry about the wasted post starbuck, i felt the same way when i figured out a second ago i already passed my 100th post.i thought i was at my 80 something post,now im sad:(

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he is my brother and is getting worse everyday. and he cant stick withan army for his life

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i already know. but theres not much i can do,behavior wise, but for rules and gaming me and my friends are working on it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
How "little" is your little brother? Because that's starting to sound less like just being a newbie and making newbie mistakes, and more like a much deeper personal problem.

Here's how I would handle him. Bring the book(s). Make him write down his lists, with point costs and FoC labelled clearly. If he tries to do anything at all, even if you know it's legit, make him look up whether or not he can in the book.

Basically, force him into honesty, and more importantly make sure he knows that people won't put up with bullshit. Letting him get away with things now will make him think he can get away with things later--things that might be far more serious than cheating at a friendly miniatures game.

And if your parents complain, explain why you're treating him like that. If they can't appreciate a little harmless but necessary discipline, then the problem might not be with the kid....

·
Registered
616 Posts
I totally agree with bloodcuddler, this is a bit over the top. Try to teach him some tactics and when he plays, advise him on how to play and what to do. victory is always sweeter when it is won fair and square.

Good luck with him

1 - 12 of 12 Posts