Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a £20 imperial command post on the 15th of January. The only problem is it hasn't come! I've e-mailed them, tried to find their phone number (failed) and even sent letters on pen and paper. No response. What the hell is wrong with ForgeWorld!?

·
Registered
376 Posts
That's the only hint I have seen on their site:
Announcements

ORDERING FROM FORGE WORLD

Currently due to high demand there may be a delay in supplying certain models.

The delivery date of orders is dependant on stock availability. Choosing the Express Delivery option will ensure the earliest possible delivery date. If your order is time sensitive or you wish to check the availability of a particular item we recommend you call our customer service team on

0115 916 8177 from the UK

01144 115 916 8177
from the US or Canada

0044 115 916 8177 from within Europe

The office opening hours are between 9am and 6pm UK time.
Were you looking for one of the above numbers?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I ordered end of january time and it does say clearly on my order form allow 28 days for delivery. Personally i'm guessing that the 'allow 28 days' is simply for them to make the model for you and then mail it to you.

I assume your of english residence denoted by your use of the £ sign and FW deliver through royal mails bitch 'parcel force', who couldnt deliver a package on time to a man who literally lived next door to the warehouse. So add a week, maybe two onto 28 days and you'll probably get the right estimate of what your looking at.

FW are very busy and havent yet got over their christmas hangover. Probably because all people they sold mismoulded christmas presents too are phoning up daily and wanting new ones. And in 4 weeks when mine arrives i'm betting i'll be one of them. But hey they make good models and i'll keep going back because no matter how bad they hurt me by having no quality control whatsoever on the models they churn out even though we pay them extorsionate amounts of money i can rest easy at night knowing that i'll get a free one if i phone them up and whine about it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I ordered a £20 imperial command post on the 15th of January. The only problem is it hasn't come! I've e-mailed them, tried to find their phone number (failed) and even sent letters on pen and paper. No response. What the hell is wrong with ForgeWorld!?
the reonfor that chris is that forge world does not stock up on their products and have to make them to order (thats what i was told by one of the guys that do forge world)

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the number, fluff 'ead. Alexander, I have waited the 28 days+ three weeks. Bloody parcel force.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
maybe its at your local post office
you can track your parcel force parcel if you go to there website and put in the code FW gave you

·
Registered
368 Posts
Its 28 days , yes, but first they have to get your order. I ordered a Death Guard Dreadnought on Christmas and I got it last week!
Ok now that is extermely crap. Thats almost two months. Now i'm worried even more about my order.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I'm jealous. My friend ordered something off forgeworld (Tau battlesuits, I think), at exactly the same time, and his came before mine! :(

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
You know your order went through when the price is reduced from your bank account. If your order doesn't come 28 days after call.

Don't bother e-mailing. I did and they sent me an e-mail not to e-mail them and to call them instead, which brings up a new topic.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well, while we're on ForgeWorld....

What's up with their prices? Does anybody else feel they are ridiculously high? Even compared to GW prices, which aren't exactly on the cheap end of things.

$138 for a single Tau Barracuda... $270 for a Tiger Shark...

Nearly 2 grand for a Manta!! Fucking hell... who can possibly afford that?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
People who eat baked beans for 2 months to afford it?

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
FW are having massive production issues, and their orders are being massively delayed, thats the sitch. They were meant to be at Devourer on sunday but couldnt come because they dont have any stock. if you order, be patient.

As for prices, the price of resin is higher, the skill involved in its production is higher as are the costs involved. This also goes for the design process, this is why they have high prices. people can afford it, and thats why they produce them.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm not knocking the quality of the models, they're terrific, but I can't justify spending that much money on one item when I could probably buy an entire army for the same amount.

They are extremely expensive, and they could be a lot cheaper. Because people are willing to pay that much ForgeWorld can get away with charging it.

Obviously if they are having so much trouble keeping up with demand they are not short of customers.

This isn't meant to sound like an attack on FW, I really admire their work, and I spend hours browsing the website. The terrain section especially provides endless inspiration, I just wish the products were more affordable.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Just because you want their products to be cheaper, doesnt mean they can be. How do you know they can do things cheaper? GW and FW are not reckless profiteers, things would be way more expensive if they could be.

This is not going to become another thread on pricing, but just think about your statements before you make them.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Don't get all defensive mate, this isn't directed at you. If your affiliated with GW or FW in any way I'm sorry but this is my opinion, it's well thought out and I'm sticking to it.

This is an expensive hobby, I accept that. GW and FW are businesses, and profit is the bottom line in all business. What do you think FW is selling a heap of plastic and resin for 2gs and barely breaking even?

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
not barely breaking even, just not making an horrendous profit out of it. Items in GW and on FW are reasonably priced, given what goes into them. Granted some of this is profit, but as you say, this is a necessity. But the markup is not, as you seem to think it is, massively obscene.

Its not that i'm personally involved in GW (which i am), I just think that people dont quite realise the expense behind the production of items of the hobby, and thus target GW for high prices. As i've said a million times before, its not just the cost of the plastic/resin/metal that dictates the price of the product.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IT STILL HASN'T F****** COME:angry:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Did you call up them up. That will usually solve the problem if there are any, or at least give you some assurance its on the way. Not sure if its all British companies, but they were some of the nicest people I ever dealt with over the phone.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts