Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

What's this army worth??

663 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DarKKKKK 
#1 ·
I am THINKING about putting my Emperor's Children up for sale but wanted to get an idea for what they would be worth. Just a "ballpark" would be appreciated.
MOST are painted to a very high standard and 99% are very unique and customized. There is a LOT of Forgeworld stuff and random bits mixed in, NOTHING is "stock" and all are painted to match and look like a cohesive force so even though they are modeled as "Berzerkers" etc they look like they belong with the rest of the EC force. If you search for posts by me you can see the paintjobs on these, not GD or anything but deff above "tabletop".

Thanks for looking!

10 Berzerkers (Champ w/ PW)
10 Plague Marines (Champ w/ PW and combi melt, 2 plasma guns)
10 Raptors (champ w/ TLC)
4 Standard Bearer CSM/Noise Marines
4 Noise Marine Champs (using the EC Lord fig, PW/PF with Sirens)
24 Noise Marines (all modeled w/sonic blasters and the current champ siren as backpacks)
8 Noise Marines w/ Blastmasters (I used as "counts as" for HWs)
8 Noise Marines w/ Bolters
1 Sorcerer Lord (Wings, Demon Wep, Plasma)
1 Kharne (total conversion)
1 Lord in Termie Armor w/ TLC
4 Termies (3 TLC, 1 CBolter&LC)

Unpainted:
10 Primed Termies (magnetized weapon arms, latest plastics with lots of slaaneshi mods)
30 Primed Slaaneshi modeled CSM (lots of possesed bits and greenstuff mods, mixed weapons with melta Guns, Heavy Bolters, Plasma Guns included)
2 Chaos Spawn Bare
3 Chaos Rhinos w/ FW doors Primed
1 Chaos Predator w/FW doors Primed
1 CSM Land Raider w/FW doors Primed
2 Defilers both modified, 1 w/ 4 DCC, 1 with removable HBolter/reapers/HFlamers and a DCC Bare
22 Bare Metal OOP Demonettes (the most recent sexy ones)

See less See more
#2 ·
hmmm I think they're worthless and need to be shipped to me free of charge LOL Nah, but on a serious note, sit back and think about a fair price you think you should assign them... you can go for the price you paid and sit on them for a loooonnngg time, so since everyone is looking for a deal, cutting it down by 30 percent might help you move it faster. It's all up to you!

#4 ·
you'll get above retail if it is decent I suppose.. a friend of mine spot paints his crap and he does fairly well, while I put too much detail, ask too much money and don't sell. I see alot of people thinking they are super star painters and are absolute shit.. so if you got the goods, people will buy it. I think the most I got was 80 bucks for one painted up Leman Russ (the new one) fully magnetized and all parts from the kit used. I felt I undersold myself and from what started out as a 120 dollar reserve turned into a 79 dollar reserve to sell it! Hope that gives you some indication!

#5 ·
I guess you should post a few pictures so that people may judge based upon your paint job.

#6 ·
Checked out your recent posts for your paint jobs. They are definitely very well done. I especially like the Kharne conversion, definitely reminds me of him, but very good slaanesh representation.

Price wise, you might get retail for some and you might get more for others. The conversions and fully painted models will make the most money. Although anything thats not fully painted, expect getting less than retail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.