Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,
I have been playing guards for a while now and I have always loved my vets....that being said, I love the new tempestus scion models but just can't figure out why would I picke them over vets....

From what I can see, they are cheaper and can get the same job done....Am I missing something? Yes when taken as allies they have cool orders but they still cost a lot....

Just to get things straight, I would love to buy some, I love the models, I don't even mind buying some Taurox prime...but The last thing I want is more models gathering dust on the shelves....

Help me find out how they can be usefull because right now, I don't see it and I have not seen any battle report that can convince me to take some?

Tks

P.S: Sorry for the bad english, not my first language...

·
Registered
227 Posts
They can be deepstriked and ran in MSU. Since they take a unique slot, you can deepstrike a lot of meltaguns at the same time on several high value targets.
Also a helgun potentially kills three times more 3+ targets than a lasgun.
If you use them as allies, you can drop them on the objective in your opponent's territory, clear it and take it for yourself. This is something veterans cannot do, unless you take them in valkyries, in which case they will no longer be cheaper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts