Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm suck in Korea right now and can't really play 40K right now, I was just wondering what the top army build is at tournaments is right now? Also what are you seeing at your LGS?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
My meta is plagued by space marines foot hordes...Space wolves and Vanilla marines the most. The even DA terminator spam, a little bit of tyranid and chaos. Definitely no flyier

·
Registered
14 Posts
From what I have seen around my area it is mostly some type of marines of one kind or another with a small showing of Dark eldar and Nids

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Eldar everywhere. As far as tournies are concerned, tervigon spam was giving the most problems up until the most recent one, where gk edged them out.

Out of the local players the one that I literally cannot beat is IG. Just a massive blob bristling with cover saves, heavy weapons, conscript tarpits, and orders. It's an absolute nightmare.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Most of the players at my LGS have multiple armies. As of right now, there is a shift away from Marines, though I expect that to change pretty quick. The most common armies are currently Tau and Eldar. That said, few players have Flyers and even fewer have Riptides or Wraithknights. But we have a lot of older veterans who feel that 40K has no place for Flyers. But the meta is beginning to shift. It's just more gradual than most places.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't understand what all the hate about the flyers is, their just a new unit and once all the codexs get updated they won't be any more effective than any other unit.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Lots of Tau, CSM, and Eldar. And Im proud to be the only BT player around.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Unfortunately, my area has been infiltrated by a lot of codex hoppers. I know they have armies without updated codexes but they keep fielding their brand new models. The newest units are very popular. Of course I'm not 100% innocent(gotta stay competitive), but I've had my two Razorwings since before they were Flyers.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I don't understand what all the hate about the flyers is, their just a new unit and once all the codexs get updated they won't be any more effective than any other unit.
It isn't really hatred for Flyers. I think it's the feel that GW is trying to force you to buy an expensive model. These are the same people refusing to use Random Objectives, which offer a free anti-Flyer option in the form of Skyfire Nexus.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've been at my shop for a week and I have not seen a game that did not include Eldars. Then there are a lot of Taus, and apparently some CSMs too.
There are at least 1 flyer, 1 MC and 1 fortification (ADL or Bastion) per game

1 - 13 of 13 Posts