Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,247 Posts
Frankly, if you want to win without using any tactics, which seems to be your goal here, you should just not try. If you want to try to make your opponents lose every time to you without a contest, and not have fun, then go ahead and ask them before the game and see how many takers you get.

· Registered
2,247 Posts
I rarel paint rob1981 except for my necrons but I plan on painting everything as I get it with my new army
everyone I play with has a broken list (archaon and 30/40 chaos knights in 3k and kurt helborg AND karl franz in the same unit of inner circle knights) I never stand a chance against them but I want that to change
how bent is the dwarf king and what does he do
If your local players are taking something like that against you, there are ways to counter without being completely broken. For one thing, Archaon and a huge unit of Chaos Knights like that are over half the points allowance at 3k. Even with Magic Resistance 2, just casting away with Lore of Metal, combined with baiting and redirecting can keep this from being an issue. I'm not sure about Kurt Helborg and Karl Franz, as no-one here plays Empire, but I'm sure that there are similar counters to that unit. If it becomes that much of a problem, simply run counter-lists to them. A games no fun if you get wiped off a table, and, depending on the person, even the winning side feels the pain.

· Registered
2,247 Posts
I've chosen demons but I've no idea how to counter any of his units
Which is actually a lie. There are plenty of ways to counter units, especially those as lopsided and gimped as the ones you've described.

· Registered
2,247 Posts
Could you tell me how
Lets use the Chaos Knights as an example, that large a unit is easily redirected by bait-and-flee tactics, and is quite vulnerable to the right shooting and spells. Cannons and bolt throwers will eat through that unit like nothing, and the Lore of Metal could easily kill 6-7 of those with a single spell. Seeing as how they'd have the numbers you posted, the warriors would have practically nothing else other than that unit, and you could redirect everything that is not geared to kill them against other stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.