Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Creating terrain is a big part of the hobby for me, so my bitz box is filled with almost anything and everything... from a busted radio to an abandoned squadron of Eldar jetbikes.

My bitz box is an old toolbox setup, with all the different kinds of stones and sand I've collected over the years neatly arranged in jars and containers, along with flock, bits of sprue and other assorted junk, everything pretty much has a place and I know where to find whatever it is I'm looking for. I also keep a lot of my paints and brushes and all of my modeling tools in this box.

Now most other people I know who play 40K or Fantasy have a bitz box, but it usually consists of a cardboard box or something along those lines, with everything just thrown in a mess. I guess it works for them, but it would drive me crazy rummaging through a big pile of crap just to find a tiny little piece of something your not even sure you have.

So I'm wondering, what do the people on here do?

·
Registered
905 Posts
i have a little tin box that used to contain a watch, there are all the weapons and purity seals, extra helmets ,arms and the like. Not really organized, but nothing i have is.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I keep all my bits in old squad boxes.
Luckily for me, my dad is an inventor so he has a big machine shop in our garage for me to salvage junk from to make terrain.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My bitz box is mostly full of parts I got given by friends (one got out of the hobby and gave me his bitz), or parts that I have yet to glue on (many, many SoB backpacks). You don't really get spare parts from witch hunter models.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
i've got a couple sets of mini-drawers sorted by army with a seperate drawer for vehicle-related bitz. i also keep some less conventional conversion supplies in the second set-mostly guitar strings and the foil from bottles of wine.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I also have a few shelf/drawer units for my bitz. 3 Smaller ones hold 40K bitz, WHFB bitz, and whole odd figures that are not in use for any of my current armies. 3 Larger ones hold Plasticard, Terrain bitz, and Vehicle biz.

Besides this, I have a few tupperware containers filled with cotton fluff, gravel, sand, flock, and various mixes of two or more for specific army bases. There is also a very large tub for very large terrain project pieces that have yet to command my time.

All of it is stored under my 4x6 table, while the armes are on other shelving units in the room, or still in their carry cases (usually tackle boxes).

When going to bitz-swaps at the local club, I usually toss all the 40K/WHFB/Tank bitz into the same box and head out. The last time I tried to keep them seperate, I still had to spend some time picking the wrong bitz out of each bin, so I've just given up on that concept.

We're supposed to be having a mega-battle pretty soon, with the admission 'price' being your bitz box. This should allow everyone in the group to advance their conversions just a bit further. I suspect I'll be doing a lot of re-sorting the next day.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
i have a small box i mount on my wal full of spare bits the terrain i tend to buy from games workshop

·
Registered
428 Posts
Currently I have 2 tackle boxes, 6 fishing lure organizer boxes, and various boxes stacked neatly in the cabinent attached to my desk/workbench. You can never have too many bitz. I have 3 seperate shoe boxes for terrain/flocking alone. And a cool doo-hicker that holds my finished and unfinished bases also. After reading this I realize I may need to attend a support group of some sort.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts