Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You always hear about Ork conquests on taking over other worlds, but you never hear about what original Ork homeworlds are like. Are they jungle? Arid wastelands? Any fluffmasters know what they would be like?

My first impression would be jungle-ish as it would have been hard evolutionary wise to hide from predators on an arid world with green skin, but maybe i'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I would say they had a kind of cyclical appearance.

Step 1 - Orks develop from fungi in whatever the natural flora and fauna is.

Step 2 - Orks hyper-evolve using archeotech or natural resources/aboriginal inhabitants.

Step 3 - Hyper evolution destroys the planets biosphere.

Step 4 - Orks now leave the planet on a waaagh. Leaving a wasteland and fungal spores.

Step 5 - Planet slowly recovers to a level to support life and then it all starts again at step 1.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Planets with a standard level Orkish civilisations are somewhat similar to human civilisations, except every single building is made of elaborate scrap metal.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
And/or terra cotta...every orky settlement I;ve ever seen has a destinctive southwestern feel to the buildings, lots of earthtones and the like. Like an arizona scrapyard

·
Registered
999 Posts
It looks like this:

·
Registered
999 Posts
I just couldn't resist. Ha, ha, ha.....

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hmmmmmm...... :lol:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Copy-pasta and its hilarity aside (I used to live in AZ, is that picture from Sierra Vista?), Orks were genetically engineerd to be what they are. This means that they were likely seeded onto worlds and have no true homeworld. With the way their biology works, they can survive in nearly any climate, as long as it supports their life-cycle. It has been suggested that jungle is the best palce for their reproduction to work, but I have not seen any fluff that says they cannot be birthed in dry climates. On a world dominated by orks, you'll have two very distinct possibilities depending on whether we are talking feral or standard orks. Though they use similar technologies, standard orks have more of it. Standard orks are also far more aggressive than their feral brothes, generally speaking. :mrgreen:

·
Banned
801 Posts
Actually, Orksih reproduciton does work just about anywhere, it's just that it works best in jungles because of the high availability of nutrients and the decreased likelihood of them getting spotted and killed.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Jezlad said:
Let this be a lesson!
Nooooo!! My Predator's Daemon is a Rastafarai? Now it will never get anything done...too busy smoking the Ganja. Bob Marley reincarnated into a tank Mon. Ha, ha, ha....

·